• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 mos prego and hubby deploying!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:57 AM
  • 11 Replies

Tell me are there any other military wives on here with this problem? This is our first child and I am due June 3, 2009. BUT my hubby isnt due home until mid June. They keep telling me they will send him home early if I want but I cant help but be scared something will happen and he wont make it home in time and I'll be stuck doing this alone! I know I COULD but I dont want to. Someone please calm my fears!!!!!!!!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angel41593
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:01 AM

well im not a wife yet, but im a fiance. lol i have been feeling the same way in due on june 14th, and they say he will be able to come back on time but theres just this part of me that doesnt believe them i guess.

all i can do is pray he will be back in time.

hope i didnt make it worse. :]

nadiasmama2009
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:02 AM

nah im just glad im not the only one :o)

Thanks

Zacharoos_mommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Yes..I'm sort of in the same situation...I'm due in 4 weeks....my hubby is going back into the army...will probably be leaving next week...he's going to go ahead of me & our son to get things situated and find us housing....He is being told that it will not be an issue for him to take leave to come back for the birth of our second son and to finish moving us all up there....and usually when they have the leave available...it isn't an issue....but nothing is ever guranteed. Has he taken mid tour leave already? If he hasn't it will most likely definitely be more guranteed than not...but the military can be pretty understanding when it comes to the birth of their children....I'm sure everything will be ok....Good Luck!bump

jdbrown21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Oh yeah I feel ya. My husband leaves out for 6 months soon =[ I am due April 12th =[. He will most def miss the birth of our first child.

goodson_2008
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:06 AM

My husband was on his way to Iraq when I went into labor but he was able to make it home in time. Do you have family close by? Everything will be fine trust me

Wife to the most wonderful,brave military man Josh and proud Mommy to my sweet little boy Jayden :)

nadiasmama2009
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Well the AF is pretty good about giving guys what they need. its just getting intouch with the right person. i think it will be okay its just scarey cause its new and undiscovered. lets hope :o)

Zacharoos_mommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Oh yeah...out of all the branches(in my opinion) Air Force is the most sympathetic...and usually do everythng to take care of their guys. But i understand that the unknown is a little scary

Quoting nadiasmama2009:

Well the AF is pretty good about giving guys what they need. its just getting intouch with the right person. i think it will be okay its just scarey cause its new and undiscovered. lets hope :o)

ozzyswifey
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:10 AM

I understand how you feel my husband deployed when I was 11 weeks preggers bascially a week after we found it was twins. I am now having my c section the 25th of this month but his company knew I was pregnant and they are going to have him here a couple of days before so he can be here for the birth.

My advice tell ur hubby to kiss his CO's ass lol and have the red cross phone number handy in ur wallet speed dial on ur phone like I do.

GOOD LUCK SWEETY

jdbrown21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Quoting ozzyswifey:

I understand how you feel my husband deployed when I was 11 weeks preggers bascially a week after we found it was twins. I am now having my c section the 25th of this month but his company knew I was pregnant and they are going to have him here a couple of days before so he can be here for the birth.

My advice tell ur hubby to kiss his CO's ass lol and have the red cross phone number handy in ur wallet speed dial on ur phone like I do.

GOOD LUCK SWEETY

I have heard about the red cross....but they basically told my husband (he is in the Navy) I have to be dieing before they fly him off that ship......

TippyD
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Quoting jdbrown21:

Quoting ozzyswifey:

GOOD LUCK SWEETY

I have heard about the red cross....but they basically told my husband (he is in the Navy) I have to be dieing before they fly him off that ship......

i am sorry I saw this and totally started laughing because it IS SOOOO true! the NAvy is pretty bad, we waited till we were a year from shore duty to make sure he would be here for this baby...(he was on a semi-set schedule) I had a friend her hubby missed their first kid by 3 days, and she was SICK  with her second and last, yeah, the boat he was on at the time said they would be home in time, then when she had a dr send out a notice demanding him back, yeah, long story short he was home for the birth but the boat he was on kicked him off, which forced him to do 18 more months sea duty when he had 6 months left.. it was ridiculous!.. anyways, girl, I feel for you so much! there is a program( operationspecialdeliveries.com) that will provide a birth doula free of costs for spouses with deployed LO... sooo you may want to check into it:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)