Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAIR MAINTENANCE DURING PREGNANCY

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

IS IT SAFE TO COLOR, RELAX, OR USE ANY KIND OF TEXURIZERS IN YOUR HAIR AT ANY TIME DURING PREGNANCY?  MANY DR. HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS.  PLEASE HELP! 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jenjobrien
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Yes,  just make sure you keep well ventilated.  Know that your hair isnt the same when youre pregnant so that can cause the results to be different on your hair.

bigprego1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:47 AM

THANKS, I'M A BIT HESITANT STILL BECAUSE I HEARD THE SAME THING , BUT I GUESS I WON'T KNOW UNTIL I DO IT (THAT IS RELAX MY HAIR)

Catanna
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I talked to many docs and read books they say becareful the first trimater don't use anything but shampoo

NJMom2Tyler
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:16 AM

With my son I was very cautious about everything and did not relax or color my hair for the entire duration of my pregnancy. This one is a bit different...while I haven't done anything yet I might. I hear different stories of if it's okay or not??

jdbrown21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I waited til after the first trimester to do anything with my hair. Now I dye it regularly....my doctor had just told me to avoid it until the second trimester.

stellarmom1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I'm a stylist and I say yes! My doctor also said it was fine for me to get it done/work with the chemicals.  Just make sure your not breathing in the fumes.  Also tell your stylist yr pregnant b/c there is always a chance it could come out with a diffrent reaction than it normally does.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)