• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has this ever happend to anyone else? I'm very upset!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:56 AM
  • 22 Replies

Did you ever go in for a ultrasound to find out your babies gender and it was in a position where they couldn't tell?

I am 18 weeks and went in for an ultrasound this morning hoping to find out my babies gender. Come to find out I was there for almost 45 minutes and my baby was laying face down covering it's private parts the ENTIRE time! We tried everything we could to get him or her to move but nothing worked! I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen and if so at your next ultrasound were you able to find out and, what was the gender?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2BeNBaby2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I never had it happen where they couldn't see the gender, although I know it happens pretty often... what made me upset was when I was in a car accident and my placenta tore and they were trying to do ultrasounds of the baby and from the baby's position there was a shadow so their couldnt see the heartbeat no matter what they did, talk about anxiety!

I am a 24 year old wife to a hard worker hubby, a mom to a one-year-old princess, and due for #2 anytime now! I vaccinate and breast and bottle feed. I am pro-life and the mother of a child with torticollis. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, HPV, clinical depression and Placental Abruption. I am a survivor of domestic abuse and rape. I am a stay at home mom, and AVON representative, going back to school to pursue my Education degree. I have made many mistakes, but they have all led me to where I am today, and I would not change a thing!

heidi_val
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I had placenta previa with my son, so I had an ultrasound at 16, 18, 20 and 22 weeks and he wouldn't show his stuff. I didn't find out until I was 30 weeks! It was annoying 

Rlambert6002
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:03 AM

It happened to me twice...with my third and fifth pregnancies. With the 3rd I just resolved that i wouldn't know until birth. With the fifth when I was around 34 weeks I was brazen enough to ask my ob if he would do a sneak peak (they had u/s in office at that time) so I could see and he said yes.

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

TickerShack.com Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

kimbersen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Yup.  I finally found out at 28.5 weeks.  It's a boy, she "confirmed" it was a boy a few times throughout the US.  Though I am always worried it's going to turn out a girl lol

ProudMami2008
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:12 AM

nope, my son had his legs open the whole time. lol 

jenjobrien
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:15 AM

It happened with DD.  I was sure she was going to be a boy but we didnt know til she came out.  I was shocked lol.

pd4now82
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

YUP!   I was 36 weeks before I found out that I was having a girl the first time because she would never cooperate.  Now I am preg. with Baby#2 and the first ultrasound that may tell the gender is March 3rd.  Everyone keeps asking me when I find out the gender- and I just tell them, "Well, the ultrasound is March 3rd, but I never found out with Rachel until 36 weeks so my hopes aren't going to be too up about it just in case."  They all think I'm crazy though and say, "Of course you'll find out!"   But....honestly, I don't know.....

stellarmom1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Yeap this happened to me with this pregnancy. I went in and the cord was wrapped right between the legs.  The tech tried for a really long time to get her to move but it was no go.  I was so upset, I called my doctor and he said they may not even schedule me another ultrasound unless there was a problem.  I ended up going to one of those 3d/4d places to get a gender determination.  It's not covered by insurance but was only around 100.  Totally worth it, they told me if they could't tell I could come back until they could.  Good luck mama!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
navyjen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Oh yeah my darling daughter had her legs crossed when doc looked at my 20 week ultrasound.  SO I paid 79 bucks to go to a private place 2 days later to find out that she was a girl but here is how she was the entire time at my docs office....

But I found out 2 days later and she wasnt shy at all that time......

pregnancy calendar
pd4now82
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Quoting kimbersen:

Yup.  I finally found out at 28.5 weeks.  It's a boy, she "confirmed" it was a boy a few times throughout the US.  Though I am always worried it's going to turn out a girl lol

That happened with my sister with her first child - though this was 17 years ago.  She had ultrasounds and they were telling her it was a boy - so she had told everyone a boy, had showers, got boy stuff......and out comes a girl!   lol.   BUT...that was a while ago and I'm sure some technology has changed since then.  ;-)  I'm not sure how often that would ever happen.  seems strange, wouldn't they KNOW it's a boy or not?  Their parts seem pretty distictive to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)