Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sinus infection 27 wks pregnant please help feeling so missearable.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:20 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am 27wks pregnant and had this sinus infection/cold for a week.. i thought maybe it was starting to get a little better but today i woke up and its worse caughing more and voice is horrible..i been drinking hot tea, plenty of water, taking hot shower and baths at times for the steam .. eating soup at lunch.. i have a humidifier in my room and seems like nothing is working.. does anyone know what else i can do... I am on terburline to stop contractions cause i have been in ld twice for uti and contractions.. my stomach is starting to get tender in spots at times..my obgyn is out of town and has been since last weekend and wont be back till mid next week..i dont want it to end up effecting the baby or cause more contraction ( didnt know if it would since infection can do that)..also starting to have pelivic pain at times... i dont want to go to labor and delivery for a cold or sinus infection.. anyone have any ideas to help..

hotmomof5plus1onthewaykissing

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommyofthree691
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I would say go to the er if you're doctor is out for an extended period of time.  Or if you have a regular doctor that you see while you are not pregnant go to them, they will still know about what you can and can't take.  I hope you get to feeling better soon. 

Proud Mommy of Four

lil_bittie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:47 AM

If you have contractions then go to the ER.  You need to be treated.  Try a sinus flush. It is not the most comfortable thing but it will get the bacteria out of your sinuses.  You can buy them at any drug or grocery store.

mommytwins83
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM

i dont believe i am having contractions.. just stomach feels tender//sore at times...and my pelivic area hurts at times..

hotmomof5plus1onthewaykissing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)