Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about getting my tubes tied

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am scheduled to have my csection on Tuesday.  I have requested and signed paperwork to have my tubes tied.  I have been searching and doing research online about it and I think that I will  change my mind about it.  Can I do that?  Or is it too late to have change my mind?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
stellarmom1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I would think with something as serious as that, it's never to late to change your mind!! 

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
shellbell75
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Of course you can change your mind!

mom23boys679
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM
Why not? You don't have to sign your rights away just because you gave your signature. Just tell him you want the paper torn up and you do not want it.
kaufmt0220
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Its not too late until after its done! just tell them you changed your mind. tell the doctor...tell the nurses taking care of you...and anyone that comes in the room...lol just so they don't make a mistake! 

sweets3075
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM

it's not too late.

sylviapike26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM

It's not too late until after the procedure is done.  Just tell your dr you have changed your mind.

pregnancy week by week
babies
tarams98020
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I am so glad to hear that.  It just seems like there is a lot of bad side effects and negative things that happen when women get their tubes tied.  I would rather get Mirena or something.  Thanks ladies.

norahsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:21 PM

yes you sure can change your mind! I would not get my tubes tied, personally.  I have done research on it and I learned that 1 out of 2 women who get their tubes tied later have to have hysterectomies when they are older.  I couldn't find any reason as to why these women have to have hysterectomies, but I wouldn't want to risk it. 

TickerShack.com Ticker

ms.angel221
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:25 PM

U can DEFINITELY change your mind about it!!!!

Angel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)