Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breaking water?!?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM
  • 9 Replies

okay ladies...i am due in 5 days. however i am extremely miserable and i can barely get up to take care of my dd (due to pain when i move). what are some things that ya'll have done and it caused your water to break? i have to do something to start some labor cause i am the only one here in the daytime to watch my dd and i can't lay in the bed all day.. so plz help

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kimbersen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:31 AM

When you find out, let me know!   I was due the 5th.  I have tried all of the natural methods to jump start labor.

Spicy food, Sex, fresh pineapple, nipple stimulation, walking, squats etc.  I infact tried all of the mentioned tactics yesterday alone lol  good luck to you though

amanda0320
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I really dont think that there is one since i have heard that only like 10 % of womens water actually breaks naturally.  Sry mama.  Im due in two weeks and im trying to get myself kick started as well.  Nothing seems to be working.

pregnancy
usnwifelw
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM

A lot of people have said these cookies work, but I dunno   Labor Cookies

ElijahsMama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:58 PM

To the lady asking about inducing labor naturally im going to say you really need to try that cookie reciepe even tho i had to add a lil water but i ate 4 cookies and ive been having comtractions all day now and my baby has dropped alot futher down.... you should diff give it a try!!!!

baileighsmom007
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM

i just got done eating those cookies. so we will see what happens.

ErikaM27
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I walked a lot. I think my dh got me so pissed  and disappointed the day before and it sent me into labor. Ya that's all it took! I've heard other ladies mention on here of labor cookies.

doulala
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I am wondering why water break specifically?   
Many women have it break somewhere in labor, only a few prior to labor starting.  But artificially rupturing doesn't mean you're starting contractions.    There are some really scary complications that could come from this, a cord prolapse is a risk--  if the cord slips down and gets pinched baby gets no oxygen.   Other risks, too, but that is the scariest one, imo.

What is going on for you, pain-wise?   Can you find therapy, get some help, have some one help you out there?   Maybe there are some ways to get more comfortable.

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

doulala
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Quoting amanda0320:

I really dont think that there is one since i have heard that only like 10 % of womens water actually breaks naturally.  Sry mama.  Im due in two weeks and im trying to get myself kick started as well.  Nothing seems to be working.

Almost all women will have it break naturally, at some point.   The 10% you might be thinkring of is PROM, that amount of women that have rupture without any labor (contractions).

How DARE Mother Nature question SCIENCE! ~Mike Tymeson

The impossible is often the untried. ~Jim Goodwin

Women's bodies have their own wisdom, and a system of birth refined over 100,000 generations is not so easily overpowered. ~Sarah Buckley

abjones00
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I tried everything. Mine didn't break until my dr came and broke it the day I got induced.  If its not time its not happening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)