Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need suggestions ASAP

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM
  • 5 Replies
I'm 34 weeks 5 days. I have the worst cold/flu you could ever imagine! My head feels like it's the biggest thing in America, I can't breathe out of my nose, my chest feels like I have a 300 pound person sitting on it and every time I cough, I leak something "down there" (sorry, tmi). I've been having contractions off and on for 2 days. I went to my doctors yesterday and they said everything is fine with baby, but I am down 3 pounds. I feel like I'm never going to feel better again! I've taken Tylenol Cold & I've also taken regular Tylenol (not together) It helps my fever go away for a little bit, but nothing else. The Tylenol Cold helped the first few doses with my nose, but that's it. Is there anything else I should try? My husband just left for work and left me with a big mug of hot tea with honey (I sound like an old man w/bad emphysema when I try to speak) and lemon, but I need some kind of medicine! Usually when I'm sick, I take nyquil, drink some hot tea and go to bed. But I can't take nyquil and when I try to sleep, I can't breathe. Someone.. please give me a suggestion. I'll do anything!
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:06 AM

sorry :( If the doctor cant prescribe you anything, I think you have to stick with over the counter stuff. When I was sick, I put vicks vapor rub on a sock and hung it on a chair by my bed. It helped with congestion :)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

fsuandi7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I was the same way a few weeks ago. All I took was the tylenol cold day and night. I used saline solution and blew my nose, which helped but sucks. I also used halls fruit breezers for my scratchy throat. and a cool mist humidifier. thats basically all you can do is wait it out. mine lasted 2 weeks. plus i had a bladder infection on top of that. my 2 yr old gets sick so do i. not even a week after we get over the flu we catch another cold....just that time of year

danielle12504
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM

i had same proublems early on...ask your doc. for a z pack...knocks it out withn a day or so!!! i love that stuff

Mama2lilGarrett
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Ugh! When I was pregnant I was the same way!! My dr told me robutussin was ok to take also. I lived on that and cough drops. That was my one.. I CANT wait till Im not prego.. so I can have nightquil.. well still cant haha.. gotta get up with the baby =]

Good luck mama and I hope you feel better!

KGUndulate
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:24 AM

I just had what sounds to be the same thing... Dr gave me a z-pack, IF you don't have high bp then sudafed will help with the congestion if you do have high bp they may tell you to take benedryl but that didn't help me. I also used some vicks vaporrub also use a humidifier

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)