Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Belly size...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ok does anybody know how much the size of the baby is connected to the size of your belly?? My son was only 7lbs 0oz at birth and my belly was really big! Everybody thought he was going to be bigger then he was. This pregnancy I am 38 weeks and my belly is much smaller then with DS. Does this mean DD will be smaller then him?? Im worried about her being TOO small but also Im worried about her being too big! (i had to have an episiotomy with DS and really dont want another one!) How big was our belly compared to how big your baby was??

Here is a pic from Monday at exactly 38 weeks

expecting girl                                      baseball
            Makayla  due 2/23/09!!                                  Matthew Dylan 3/9/05

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Awww you have THE CUTEST baby bump!  My daughter was 6lbs 13oz when she was born and I was HUGE and I do mean HUGE i don't have the picture on this computer...I am not sure the answer to your question but I did want to tell you you have a cute belly

pregnancy due date
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM

With my son I was huge and he was huge too lol..9lbs 11.6oz and 22 in long. I just went to the drs on Wednesday and am measuring at 33 weeks and just turned 34 weeks yesterday, I'm thinking she is going to be smaller than my son. I also gained way more weight than I should have with him and this time around have barely reached 20lbs gained. I think that might have more to do with it--how much you gain, not sure though.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I was a lot bigger with my son and he was only 7 lbs 6 oz.  I have a smaller bump this time, but my OB says this baby is bigger than my son was at this point.  He is measuring ahead and he is running out of room putting me at risk for early labor.  Sometimes the size of your belly indicates size, but there are also other factors like fluid levels and the way you carry and stuff like that.  I am carrying this baby a lot higher than I did my son and I have gained less weight this time around.

pregnancy week by week
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I was gigantic, everyone thought I would have a 10 pound baby but she was only 8.1. Which is still pretty decent size but I didn't give birth to a toddler. lol. Now my friend meagan was just like you, maybe even smaller and she went into labor 3 1/2 weeks early and delivered him at 7.12! SO I really don't think it was much to do with belly size. They can be more stretched out or just sitting farther back in your abdomen. So I wouldn't worry much about her being too small :)

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I am huge!

Proud wife to Jeff~  Mommy to Lainey* expecting Carley Rae April 30th!stork

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:32 AM

It really depends on a lot of factors, how much amniotic fluid you have, the position of the baby, how much weight you have gained now compared to with your son, etc.  I bet your body is growing the perfect size baby.  Trust it!  I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if the doctor hasn't addressed it with you.  Are you measuring OK at your appointments?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM

With my son I was big ( I thought I was huge), but not too big... he was 8lbs. 12oz.  With my daughter, I was HUGE!!!  and she weighed in at 7lbs. 13oz.  So it really all depends on your body.  I also gained 40 pounds with my daughter and only 28 with my son... Weird!! 

You have to r emember that no two pregnancies are the same, and your body reacts differently to each one.  If your doctors aren't concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Good Luck!!!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:37 AM

When I was pregnant with my son I was bigger by only a couple of pounds and he weighed 7lbs 6oz and with my Daughter I always measured smaller than what I was and she weighed 7lbs and 13oz , Here's a pic of me pregnant with my daughter right before I delivered... I think I was pretty small lol

39 weeks exactly....

and btw you look Great!!!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:40 AM

i was measuring small with my son and he was this one im still small for 22 weeks...i can still wear my reg jeans... but she is much higher than my son so i look bigger if that makes any nervous about her being bigger than my son was...ive only gained 2 lbs so far but im still wish you luck with a healthy baby!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Oh my gosh you are tiny! I remember being HUGE with my son.

My cousin was tiny with her first, she was actually smaller than you right before her due date and her dd was about 7lbs, then with her second her stomach was much bigger but her ds was tiny! (closer to 6lbs)

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)