Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH,BF gaining weight and having weird cravings

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM
  • 18 Replies

Ok mommies here's a question does you DH,SO,or BF get the weird cravings and the weight gain? This is my 2nd pregnancy with my Bf and with my son he gained all the weight and slept all the time and I only gained 28lbs and he blamed me for having to lose his baby weight lol just wondering about you all

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jdbrown21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Yes my husband has put on about 10lbs.....he even ate mac n cheese with ketchup with me the other night....I just stared at him and giggled lol. So who knows if its just because I am pregnant or what lol.

TigerBaby69
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Dh hasn't been feeling very well lately. He says he feels like he got hit by a truck. With the first one he always wanted tuna fish sandwiches from Au Bon Pain which was a french restaurant in the mall where we used to live and he liked pickles on it and he is not normally a pickle kind of guy.
So far with this one, he's okay other then he doesn't feel good but I still have a LONG way to go

pregnancy due date
HuntersMomee
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM

my hubby is gaining weight and HATING it. he says it is from not being able to surf as much as he did this summer cause surf hasnt been up. but i tease him and tell him he is gaing sympathy weight. lol.

**Mommy to Hunter, my 3 year old miracle baby, born at 28 weeks and weighing in at only 1 pound 12 ounces. completely normal today! :)**
**Due July 18th with my second little one. we dont know the sex yet, but will hopefully find out very soon! THINK PINK!!! **
**I've Been Married for 4 years now! Hopefully that number will just keep getting bigger and bigger! **

KaelensMommy06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Bump

Mep291
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

YES! Hubby always wanted chili dogs the whole time I was preggo! He has more tub in his belly then I do now!

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy

Nheoks03
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:05 PM

My BF has gained 40 pounds since I've been pregnant haha And he does get some pretty weird cravings- he craves random things.. like the other night he was craving a sub from Arby's haha :)

tweetybirdmandy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:08 PM

DH gained 35 lbs. during my pregnancy.  He loved that I wanted to eat more of the foods he likes instead of always eating healthy, I'm usually the one that keeps us both on track.   Now we're both working to lose it!

baby
mom2bmjb
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM

My DH gained 20lb with this last pregnancy. He works outside so I don't know if it will happend this time. I am sure he hopes not.

fatima_reed23
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Had to share this.. i knew about it before but wanted to find an article.. so here it is:

Men do experience ‘phantom pregnancies’ when their partners are expecting a baby, according to a study at St George’s Hospital in London.

The lead researcher Dr Arthur Brennan says he discovered the phenomenon not through his own experiences as a father but during the course of his work. He put his theory to test by quizzing a group of 282 expectant fathers between the ages of 19 and 55.

The ‘vast majority’ of them apparently experienced pregnancy-like symptoms including food cravings, mood swings, morning sickness and even swollen stomachsa condition known as pseudocyesis. Brennan concluded: ‘these men were so attuned to their partners, they started to develop the same symptoms.’

Stomach cramps were among the most common symptoms. One father-to-be said he felt as if he was giving birth. ‘My stomach pains were very much like a build-up of a woman’s contraction as she’s giving birth. They started mild and then got stronger and stronger and stronger,’ he told researchers.

This is the sort of claim that can raise eyebrows among women. ‘As painful as passing a bowling ball through your vagina? I doubt it,’ said one.

Another dad said: ‘I had an unstoppable craving for chicken kormas and poppadams. Even in the early hours of the morning.’

Many doctors are sceptical about male sympathetic pregnancy, sometimes known as Couvade Syndrome, and would no doubt point out that a large number of men without pregnant partners also experience this craving – especially after several pints of lager.

However, Dr Brennan insists this is not men ‘attention-seeking’. He said: ‘these symptoms are involuntary. Often the men haven’t got a clue about what’s happening to them. This research proves that Couvade Syndrome really exists — the results speak for themselves.’

The results of the study, the largest of its kind ever carried out in the UK, were echoed by the experience of midwives at St George’s. Dr Val Collington, Head of School of Midwifery, said: ‘Midwives might not be surprised at these findings. One midwife told me that in her experience, men often complain of nausea during the early stage of their partner’s pregnancy.’

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM

NO :( He's eating just as much crap as I am and his muscles are getting bigger and his body is toning up more now than before :(

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)