Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I supposed to feel this?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:59 AM
  • 10 Replies

So when I squat to pick something up, my cervix hurts and I wondering if thats normal and if so, what does it mean?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punksjs
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I have never been through this as this is my first and I"m not very far along and I'm no doctor but my best guess is that your baby has probably dropped (am I right) and when you bend down you are forcing it down onto your cervix?

Mickey37
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Yep, with my first and she was a low rider LOL but it's just pressure from the weight of the baby.  Take it easy, Momma:)  let someone else do the squatting for the next couple weeks until it's time to push that puppy out!

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Im not sure if he has dropped yet. To me it looks like it and sure feels like it but, when I was at the doctors last thursday he checked and he didnt say if he could feel the head pushed up against the cervix.

Quoting punksjs:

I have never been through this as this is my first and I"m not very far along and I'm no doctor but my best guess is that your baby has probably dropped (am I right) and when you bend down you are forcing it down onto your cervix?

prmami2b
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I think so.. I get the same thing when I squat, try to tie my shes, anything that involves bending at the waist.. 

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:05 PM

well you are brave tieing your shoes :) I havent worn any shoes that dont "slip on" since around 6 months.

Quoting prmami2b:

I think so.. I get the same thing when I squat, try to tie my shes, anything that involves bending at the waist.. 

KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:12 PM

It feels like a sharp quick pain right? That's your baby's head bumping the inside of your cervix

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:10 PM

no....it kinda feels more like my cervix is stretching. I get the quick sharp pain when hes poking my cervix.

Quoting KatieFlower:

It feels like a sharp quick pain right? That's your baby's head bumping the inside of your cervix

prmami2b
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Quoting sparklebug86:

well you are brave tieing your shoes :) I havent worn any shoes that dont "slip on" since around 6 months.

Quoting prmami2b:

Lol.. I only tie my shoes when they somehow get untied.. other than that, all my sneakers are slip-ons

fsuandi7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM

my baby has been low since week 31 so im now 38 and she is at -1...just ever so slightly above the opening of the cervix...and I am in so much pain!

jbhaleyrn
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I've basically come to the conclusion that anything that hurts or doesn't feel right during pregnancy is normal. (within reason, of course!!)  Everytime I mention something to my doctor, they're like "That's normal in pregnancy."  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)