• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

noddle diet

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello ladies this is not a pregnancy question but I know alot of you ladies are second third or fourth time mothers so I wanted to ask . My son is 2 and all he will eat is cup of noddles for dinner  he will eat the lunch they give at his school most times but when he comes home all he wants is noddles he will eat waffles in the morning only because I tell him no when he asks for noddles. he will eat chicken sometimes but he all ways goes back to the noddles. I have him on gummy vitimins cause I'm scared to death he is not healthy only eatting noddles.

on thrusday he kepts say he wanted pizza so I ordered pizza when the pizza came he wouldn't eat it and his reason being was " mommy pizza on friday "  cause thats the day the have pizza at school . I try to do the menu they do at school an he goes back to noddles. Has any of your toddlers done this and how long will it last .

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gypsydancer7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I dont allow my daughter to pick and choose what she wants. She may get a choice of 2 diff veggies/fruits but she has to chose one. She gets what I make for dinner/lunch/breakfast or she doesnt eat. Believe me, he'll eat if hes hungry. Ive always been this way with my dd and she understands eat what mommy makes or starve

tryin2bstepmom2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I have done this to but believe me my son is so subborn he will starve I did this over the chrismas break because I was cooking so much food I didn't want to have to cook his something different and beleive it or not this boy didn't eat for 3 days finally I gave in and gave him noddles

Quoting gypsydancer7:

I dont allow my daughter to pick and choose what she wants. She may get a choice of 2 diff veggies/fruits but she has to chose one. She gets what I make for dinner/lunch/breakfast or she doesnt eat. Believe me, he'll eat if hes hungry. Ive always been this way with my dd and she understands eat what mommy makes or starve

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:19 AM

this is my first so I havent experienced this yet but, my mom was the same way with me. She didnt make special dinners unless it was something that I just refused to eat...like fish. And she always made me try a little bite of something new or something that I didnt like just to see if my taste buds had changed. My sister wouldnt eat meat for the first 9 years of her life so when we ate dinner, my mom would give her a little of meat but more veggies than meat. She had to have a bite of the beat before she could leave the table.

Quoting gypsydancer7:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

QueenB36
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Quoting tryin2bstepmom2:

I have done this to but believe me my son is so subborn he will starve I did this over the chrismas break because I was cooking so much food I didn't want to have to cook his something different and beleive it or not this boy didn't eat for 3 days finally I gave in and gave him noddles

you can either try two things:

try the "starving" method again - allow him to eat everything EXCEPT noodles

or

try to cook the noodles but add in veggies and meat to the top ramen noodles give him only a portion size(that you know he is fully capable of eating all of it)  in a bowl & make sure he eats everything in that bowl(meat & veggies too) before he is allowed "extra" noodles or to leave the table.  that way he would still have a balanced meal but he would get his noodles too.

good veggies for top ramen noodles:

Baby carrots
broccoli

any frozen veggies

good meats

cooked chicken breast

any lunch meat

steak like beef (not ground beef)

good luck!

PS I'm not a mommy yet (due in april) but have babysat/ nannied LOTS of kids and took several child development classes & done lots of reading - sometimes kids get stuck on a certain food and if your creative in adding things to it you can turn it into a healthy meal.

tryin2bstepmom2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I have tried adding and he picks everything out but the noddles but I do like the idea of not letting him get any more until the veggies are gone I will try this and see if it works

thank you

Quoting QueenB36:

Quoting tryin2bstepmom2:

you can either try two things:

try the "starving" method again - allow him to eat everything EXCEPT noodles

or

try to cook the noodles but add in veggies and meat to the top ramen noodles give him only a portion size(that you know he is fully capable of eating all of it)  in a bowl & make sure he eats everything in that bowl(meat & veggies too) before he is allowed "extra" noodles or to leave the table.  that way he would still have a balanced meal but he would get his noodles too.

good veggies for top ramen noodles:

Baby carrots
broccoli

any frozen veggies

good meats

cooked chicken breast

any lunch meat

steak like beef (not ground beef)

good luck!

PS I'm not a mommy yet (due in april) but have babysat/ nannied LOTS of kids and took several child development classes & done lots of reading - sometimes kids get stuck on a certain food and if your creative in adding things to it you can turn it into a healthy meal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)