• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ahhhhhh Braxton Hicks already!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I'm 21 weeks and 3 days.  I am going insane because I am already having BH!  There are days they are non stop for awhile.  I have a lot of BH with all my pregnancies and I always dialate to three by the time I'm 29 weeks and then stay there until I deliver my babies between 38-40 weeks.  But they are starting early now!  Anyone on your fourth kid and already starting BH?  I always end up at the hospital to get checked several times throughout my pregnancies to get checked because my BHs are pretty consitent and really hard to get rid of so they mimic very well real labor.  I was just hoping they wouldn't start this early!

Landon 3-15-05        Xander 5-16-06      Jadzia 9-25-07

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Malayahsmom06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I feel your pain! I've been having them for about a month now. I'm 32 weeks and they are getting worse, but unfortunately taking off work now is not financially possible.

aviecse
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM

yeah i started last week but i am a high risk pregnancy. I am actually on a shot to stop my cervix from dilating. by the way this is my 4th

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Beyondthesky37
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I've never had that shot but when I do go in they always put me on tribudlin (sp?)  I always get the first one then my contractions still don't stop so I get a second shot.  By then they usually give up and watch me for awhile and send me home because I don't dialate past three.  With my second son I was put on mag for a week in the hospital.  They kept not sending me home because my contractions wouldn't stop with a few shots of tribudlin and I had postive fiberfetalnectur or whatever it's called.  Even while on mag I kept contracting frequently.  My body apparently likes to have contractions! After a week on the mag I had dialated from a 2 to a 3 and my cervix had thinned.  But they sent me home on Procardia for the rest of my pregnancy.  He stayed in until 39 weeks. 

Quoting aviecse:

yeah i started last week but i am a high risk pregnancy. I am actually on a shot to stop my cervix from dilating. by the way this is my 4th

Landon 3-15-05        Xander 5-16-06      Jadzia 9-25-07

Mep291
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I have only had one baby and I started getting them at 14 weeks!! I had them EVERY day till I delivered at 41 weeks!

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy

Gizzy22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:52 PM

I hear you.. I am in my second pregnancy and i was getting BH at 16 weeks.. I hate them lol

Photobucket
XanandLeosMama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:01 PM

At 32 weeks I got the flu and dehydrated because everything came out as fast as I could force it in.  They had to put me on an IV and give me the shot because the test (with the name too long to remember) was negetive.  A week later I had contractions again and they put me on some pills.  Those were all longer stronger and closer together, but at 37 weeks I have BH all the time, totally random and I never know if its going to be strong enough to double me over or just take a deep breath.  While I prefer these to the scary ones when it was too early to deliver the randomness is driving me insane.  With my first baby I wouldn't have known I was pregnant if it wasn't for his size.  my water broke at 35 weeks and I am not handling this normal length pregnancy very well.  I think I have a double dose of BH this time to make up for last time.

aviecse
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM

well i know that the shot that i am on is weekly and its progestern (i think i spelled it wrong) anyway its just to help the baby stay in longer

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)