Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm very confused about what is goin on,...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok, I'm currently 8 days late on havin my period.  I have taken 3 prego tests (the equate ones from Wal*Mart) and one from the Answer prego test.  All of them have been negative. The first 3 were really, really light negative.  The last one was just neg. showed up fine.  I am having no signs of starting, so I don't know what is goin on. My boobs hurt every so often, I am peein more often, I was having hot flashes the other night, and got so hot that I thought I was goin to get sick.  Anyone got any advice?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenjobrien
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM

You might have to wait a couple more days.

jennifer127
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:13 PM

BUMP!!!

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I had the hot flashes before I found out I was pregnant. do they make you feel dizzy...kinda like you are going to pass out?

Quoting jennifer127:

BUMP!!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

XanandLeosMama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:17 PM

If you really can't wait to find out try one of the tests that says you can find out as early as possible.  not all the tests are the same but the early ones are more expensive.  My dr won't even offer a test unless I have already had a positive result on an at home test.  Breast tenderness could be from a period coming in a few days and the extra peeing could mean a bladder infection or something else unrelated.  do you have a fever or any other symptoms?

Wondering722
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I waited until a week after I was supposed to start and all I bought were dollar store tests.  I got a positive with the very first one.  I went to the doc that same day, they said I was pg, but I continued to test because I just couldn't believe it.  I loved the dollar store tests, because I could test as much as I wanted to and it only cost a $1.  Plus they all came back positive. 

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Also, Im not sure how true this is but, some women can not get positive HPT's they have to get bloodwork done.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

jennifer127
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:31 PM

No, no other symptoms.  I don't have breast tenderness when I am gettin ready to start, I just get diarrhea, and ronchy farts and some cramping, and I have had none of that. So, I don't know.  I don't think it could be a UTI, because it would hurt and cause symptoms, and I'm having none that would idicate that. Besides the peeing, but usually there is burning with it if u have a UTI, and I don't have any burning.

Quoting XanandLeosMama:

If you really can't wait to find out try one of the tests that says you can find out as early as possible.  not all the tests are the same but the early ones are more expensive.  My dr won't even offer a test unless I have already had a positive result on an at home test.  Breast tenderness could be from a period coming in a few days and the extra peeing could mean a bladder infection or something else unrelated.  do you have a fever or any other symptoms?

jennifer127
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I don't know how true it is either. But, maybe that is what is goin on.  With my 3 oldest children I got positives, but they are all girls.  I don't know if that would effect it or not.

Quoting sparklebug86:

Also, Im not sure how true this is but, some women can not get positive HPT's they have to get bloodwork done.

virgobaby1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I would go to your dr/midwife and explain the situation and ask for a blood test to be done. Blood tests are the most accurate.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

jennifer127
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I called them yesterday and asked, but they wouldn't do it.

Quoting virgobaby1978:

I would go to your dr/midwife and explain the situation and ask for a blood test to be done. Blood tests are the most accurate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)