Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay ladies help me out

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am currently pregnant with my 2nd child. I am 13 weeks today but I am so much bigger than I was with my first. I have had 4 ultrasounds and it only shows one baby. Have you ever known or heard about ultrasounds being wrong? Where it has only showed one but there was actually more. I am so frustrated with people's comments and was just wondering.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MorganRaesMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Mostly bloating probably, that's really common in the first and early second trimesters. And some women do show a little earlier with their second and third pregnancies.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Youngmom2be0209
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:19 PM

The only thing ive heard of is if another baby has implanted somewhere other than your uterus they dont always catch them right away. But with your second i know you get bigger faster because youve already been stretched out and your body is i guess you could say "used to it". not sure how to put it. Good luck!

mrsjoeljr
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my second. I look soooo much farther along than I did with my first, and I've even gained less weight at this point . It's completely normal!

Gizzy22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I am now 22 weeks and i look like how i did when i was 7 months pregnant with my first daughter.. I heard you always hsow a lot faster with more pregnancies.. Good luck and congrats!

Photobucket
XanandLeosMama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I had the same thoughts and people were all asking if I was going to have twins.  Now at 38 weeks he has leveled off and I am not even as big as I was with the first.  I just got HUGE right away.  One of my friends is due the week after me and blew up the same way.  We were barely pregnant at the 4th of july and looked halfway along!

mdmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM

the more babys you have the faster you start to show. I'm 30 weeks pregnant woth my 4th and I pretty much started showing at 10 weeks lol I thought I had 2 babys in there but i think after 7 u/s I know for sure there is only one in thier lol.

Baby girl #4 is on her way...Due April 20th 2009!!

Natedogsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM

I'm 11 1/2 weeks with my 2nd and I'm starting to show already too. I asked my husband yesterday while getting dressed if I was starting to look fat yet, and he said not fat but your stomach is starting to take shape (or whatever you call it) and I'm starting to have to put a rubber band around the button and button hole on my my pants because they won't button, lol. Like everyone else I have heard that you show quicker with pregnancies after your first because everything inside has been moved around before and knows where to go, but yeah, with my 1st  I was a lot farther along before I couldn't fit into my pants anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)