Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dumb question...but gotta ask it

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

You would definitely know if your water broke or has a leak right? I'm just making sure bc I am trying the spicy food thing tonight and sex to see if that works bringing on contractions. other than the contractions I am so ready doc said. I had membranes stripped wednesday, had bloody show, was a 3cm when I left doc apt just playing the waiting game right now now...i am scheduled to be induced on the 18th anyways

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ashley_nick30
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Well my son is 2 now.. My water broke aug 30 2006.. i wasnt sure what was going on!! I got up about 5 am that morning i had too pee really bad and before i could make it over my bf across the bed water went everywhere! I thought i peed on my self.i still wasnt sure i smelled covers there wasnt a smell so i just went and got my shower and got somethings together and layed back dwn till about 7 and i started cramping and so I went too hospital and told them i thought my water broke and they checked me and sure enough it did.. but sometimes ur water wont brake.. If i was u I would walk alot..

lil_bittie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM

When my water broke I thought I was peeing myself.  Sometimes there is a big gush other times it is just a little trickle.

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Not every womans water breaks on their own so if you are having regular contractions, you may not want to wait on that.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

virgobaby1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. Out of 6 kids my water has only broke 1 time.

Quoting sparklebug86:

Not every womans water breaks on their own so if you are having regular contractions, you may not want to wait on that.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

Caidens_mommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I had no doubt what happened when my water broke, I was laying in bed and went to change positions and GUSH and it didn't stop coming it just kept leaking like I was peeing on myself. I remember waddling into the hospital with it going everywhere and my pants soaked and I had to make my entrance alone cause Hubby was parking the car. LOL

ms.angel221
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Not a dumb question... u SHOULD know when it BREAKS yes... but u won't know if it's leaking... well u might but not definite. Mine was leakin and i had no idea, i went for my regular weekly check up and they checked my fluid and i was almost completely out!!! they kept me that night and induced me!!!

Angel

athenagmb
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:08 PM

With my daughter I was already in the hospital and had just started getting induced, They said I could use the bathroom one more time. It was like 6:45 AM and I waddled to the bathroom sat down and gush this liquide came rushing out. I didn't know it was my water I thought I was peeing which I was also at the same time. But I was still messed up from the meds to help me sleep the night before. I got in bed and still didn't know contractions hit within mins for me. The doc came like 35 mins later to check and said my water had broken. OOPS with my son they broke my water. don't know what will happen with this one.

Gabrielle- Wife to Andrew- Mother to Bailey 3 Jared 1 and Elissa Due April 26th I am a proud Army wifepregnant belly

Hendrix07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I felt mine break and there was no question i'd mistake that feeling if it happened outside the hospital.

I really think it sounds like your body is doing exactly what its supposed to by opening up slowly. You should really look into the dangers of induction and pitocin. They are real and more common than women realize. Heres a good website: http://www.childbirth.org/articles/pit.html

I know your uncomfortable (I was) but stick it out and let your body get ready on its own and you'll have an easier labor.

Good Luck!

Come visit my group: The Truth About Infant Formula

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)