Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gonna be a new mommy. Need some help!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have been looking at diapers in the store and there are SOOO many! Which kind do you use and which don't you recommend and why. I plan on breast feeding so I need a good absorbancy diaper! Thanks so much for you advise and help!
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angi1234
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I used Pamper's swaddlers for my daughter when she was little.  They were great and I never had a leaking problem with them.  I am having a boy this time around and many of my friends have said the Wal-mart brand White Cloud works great for boys.  They must have more absorbency in the front area where a boy would pee.

ashley_nick30
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Omg with my son he is 2 now.. when he was born... the hospitals had Pamper swaddlers and I continued using that kind.. but i also tried other types.. I hated Huggies when he would wake up in morning his clothes would be soak.. But pampers are my fav!! Love them..

787BabyMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM

A lot of this will come down to personal preference.  I use Pampers Swaddlers wiht the pampers sensitive wipes.  To me they are both the softest that I can find.  My sister liked swaddlers with her daughter but loved huggies with her son.  My SIL loved huggies for her son. 

Sabuchler
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:01 PM

They have diapers out for you to touch inside the market and I felt the pampers swadlers and then huggies and luvs.  The huggies felt like they were a little more thicker?? Unless this was just cause multiple people had touched them before.?

JamesonsMa1209
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:05 PM

i used Huggies with my son because he had issues where he would pee a lot and leak. They worked the best for us. I didn't like the Huggies wipes though, we used pampers wipes.

NewMom333
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Pampers for sure. I have tried a few other brands and these work the best overall for my LO.

1sttimemommy198
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I have used pampers swaddlers and then the baby dry and now cruisers for my son. Never had a problem what so ever. He has only had wet clothes when I let daddy change his diapers when he was little. He didn't put them on tight enough so he would pee out of them. Other than that I LOVE pampers. But, I use huggies wipes. Go figure.

raine.arnesen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I like luvs the best! Next to that is huggies. It all depends on your preference and baby. I used huggies for the first 8 weeks, then pampers (only one pack because I didn't like them) and then luvs and that's what I've stuck with. My mom swear by luvs and she's had 8 kids!

Fostersforbeer
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM

same here.

i used pampers baby dry now... but used swaddlers when she was little.

i HATE huggies.. my dd would be soaking wet too...

pampers are way better. plus i save pamper points and get coupons and stuff

Quoting ashley_nick30:

Omg with my son he is 2 now.. when he was born... the hospitals had Pamper swaddlers and I continued using that kind.. but i also tried other types.. I hated Huggies when he would wake up in morning his clothes would be soak.. But pampers are my fav!! Love them..

LOVE-5.png Peace, Love, Happiness image by muh-aggie

Mell-belle
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I am only pregnant with my first, so I have no personal experience. But my sisters, cousins, and mom is all saying the same thing these women are saying...Pamper's Swaddlers!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)