Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone that owns a cat...? *Update*

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM
  • 39 Replies

OMG! My kitten (6 months old) has been playing with our blinds in the bedroom in the middle of the night and it wakes me up multiple times. I spank her with the fly swat, I have tried thumping her on the nose (that worked with my older cat)..what else can I do. I am due in 9 weeks and I need to be getting my best sleep now..Seriously when she wakes me up I am up for at least 20 minutes at a time. I get so ill at her and I know she is still an energetic kitten but I need some help! This happens EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!

frustrated

Thanks to everyone that answered. I started the squirt bottle and it did help but as soon as she seen me out of the room or I went to lay back down she was at it again. So that lasted about a week and then all of a sudden she stopped. Now she only gets in them every now and then. her new play thing is a stuffed animal I got at one of the showers that I didn't really like so she found and it and started boxing with it and dragging it around. This week her new thing she is doing is dumping out her food bowl! It's annoying but at the same time it is funny how she grows out of one stage and into another that quickly

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
northernmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM

keep a squirt gun next to the bed. When she gets near the blinds squirt her.

babies

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
babytugz
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM

ive used a spray bottle with just water in it to stop cats behavior before you could try that.good luck

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

tiff_katie4life
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM

my old cat used to do that so we would make her sleep i n the bathroom at night i know its mean but aleast i got some sleep

darbie2008
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:12 PM

pets mart had some spray stuff u spraw on things you dont want ur cat to be on or messing with. it kept my older cat off our furniture and such it might work for u.  

joyvanhalen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM
Put her in a different room, just be careful because when we did our cat scratched the crap out of the carpet trying to get out.
ladyjones76
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM

yep

Quoting northernmommy:

keep a squirt gun next to the bed. When she gets near the blinds squirt her.

Hendrix07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Get a holster and keep your spray bottle with you at all times. Use a command when you spray and soon, just the command will work!

Come visit my group: The Truth About Infant Formula

AnGeLiCa414
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM

dont hit her!!!! they have no clue that the pain your inflicting is becuase of their actions. spirt bottles work. shell get over the blinds soon. my cat just had 5 kittens. (recently placed) so i had my hands full. buy toys.balls with noises and lights. even the feathers at the end of the sticks(walmart has them) you can prop them in a drawer or something so it dangles. they should love that. our kittens did. patients. hitting never works with animals. it only makes them aggresive.

prmami2b
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I have three and two do the same thing.. Use a spray bottle.. What works for me is I use a loud sound, like a clap and it scares the crap outta them

vikaroo18
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I did try the squirt bottle with my older cat and it worked at first but then she thought I was playing with her..lol. I may try it on this one and just see. I could put her in the laundry room with her food and litter box but as much as she annoys me waking me up I also like the times she curls up next to me and sleeps.. I'm torn. but I will probably try the squirt bottle tonight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)