Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Sweet!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

So i work for a remodeling/construction company.....we have 3 girls (one being the owners wife...her daughter and me) and then the rest are guys. Well today we had a "meeting" at 2 and it was actually a surprise party for me! Get this...the GUYS had thought to do it! They brought in a grill and did BBQ and they each brought in something to eat! I thought it was so sweet of them to actually think to do something like that. One guy actually even BAKED a cake! Then my bosses gave me a gift card to Target.

Also...today my husband has a late meeting so he decided to spend the day with our son and just dropped him off at my office around 2:30. Well a couple years ago our guys had built a go cart for our boss and they pulled it out today to show it to my son. Then they took turns pushing him around the parking lot in it (it goes REALLY fast so we wouldnt let him use it when it was on). It was so sweet!!

expecting girl                                      baseball
            Makayla  due 2/23/09!!                                  Matthew Dylan 3/9/05

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ms.angel221
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Awwwwww.....

Angel

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:01 PM

aww thats sweet :) My husbands "team" is throwing him a suprise shower next week. Its great because I get to see his face since they invited me as part of the suprise.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Angi1234
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Really cool!  There are still some really nice, thoughful people out there.  Goes to show that there is still good in this world and to see men celebrating a new baby is just awesome.  How lucky for you!

NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I know! I have been  really surprised with all of them! They range from mid 20's to mid 40's (most of them single) and they refer to my daughter as "our baby" like she is the companies baby. Its been surprising to see how much they know about pregnancy! They talk about dilating and birth and everything!

Quoting Angi1234:

Really cool!  There are still some really nice, thoughful people out there.  Goes to show that there is still good in this world and to see men celebrating a new baby is just awesome.  How lucky for you!

expecting girl                                      baseball
            Makayla  due 2/23/09!!                                  Matthew Dylan 3/9/05

Nheoks03
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:45 PM

That's awesome! How exciting :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)