• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car Travel at 34 weeks

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

My baby shower falls on the day I turn 34 weeks...the only thing is my mom is throwing it and she lives 6 hours away. I asked my doctor if driving there (DH would be driving) would be ok. She said her cut off is 34 weeks so it is up to me. I have had no complications so far. Do you think it is ok to travel at 34 weeks? I will probably sleep the whole way there and my parents live right next to a hospital. Thanks for any comments!

pregnancy calendar
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jamie0516
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I moved from OK to NC at 36 weeks.  That's a 25 hour drive and I drove straight through no stopping for the night.  When I got to my new apartment I had to unpack my uhaul before I could actually go to sleep. Just take breaks often (about every 2 hours)  to get out and stretch.  You should be fine!

virgobaby1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:30 PM

My dr's and midwife have told me that if I have to go for a long drive that I should get out of the car ever hour to stretch and walk around a little bit. I was 36 weeks.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

pamelam20
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Thank you ladies! I really want to go and think I just needed some reassurance lol. I will have DH stop every hour or so to get out and stretch. Thanks again!

pregnancy calendar
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)