Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do contractions feel like?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

ummm.... so ya this is my first pregnancy and I don't really know what they feel like but think i may be having them...

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms.angel221
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:42 PM

OUCH!!!!

Angel

ms.angel221
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM

but seriously... like BAD CRAMPS,,, comin and goin... what's happenin??? how far apart??

Angel

SweetMama823
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:45 PM

VERY PAINFUL!! LONG PAINFUL CRAMPS THAT COME AND GO.

BailliesMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:46 PM

i dont really know just irregular. kinda crampy feeling and then my tummy gets rly tight feeling... kinda feels like the feeling you get after someone socks you in the stomach... not the actual hit but after  like the outta breath feeling   i am almost 34 weeks

ms.angel221
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Could be the FAKE ones.. Braxton Hicks... cause the REAL ones you'd know!! they would not only make u stop what your doin and get your attention... they'd have u holdin  the wall..  or your tummy

Angel

Chilosa
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I had the same feeling call your closest labor and delievery and they will probably tell you to take two tylenol and lay down for a hour and if they get about 3-5min apart come in... That's what they told me at 33wks and after waiting I still had to go in and get labor stopped twice that day... Good luck I hope your little one waits til its time

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks

Ultrakiwi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I've been doing that since about 32 weeks..  Sounds like bh to me.  I'm still waiting to see what the REAL ones feel like. The BH themselves can get really annoying, so I'm betting not fun. :)

pregnancy

Bugletcjm
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Period cramps x 10....I was rolled up in a ball on the floor, thought I was dying.

~LEAH

Mommy to a very active two year old boy and another baby on the way.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker

Chilosa
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM

When you lay in bed and roll up in a ball in pain... Can't walk or get up and back hurts like hell.... thats what the real ones feel like I was always happy with being pregnant til now

Quoting Ultrakiwi:

I've been doing that since about 32 weeks..  Sounds like bh to me.  I'm still waiting to see what the REAL ones feel like. The BH themselves can get really annoying, so I'm betting not fun. :)

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

Elfgirl101
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:07 PM

When i was in labour with my son (my first child), I honestly didn't know it. The contractions felt like butterfly kisses across my stomach. The only thing about them was that they came every couple of minutes regularly. It was my more experienced friend that pointed out that I might be in labour.

Having my son was a breeze. No pain, nothing.

My second child was an emergency caesarian, so i can't give you much advice from that haha!

Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)