• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you do a 3D/4D ultrasound to find out sex?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

If you did how early did you find out the sex, we are trying to figure out if it's worth the extra money to get the ultrasound at 17-18 weeks to know the sex of the baby.

preview image

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pamelam20
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I went the day I was 15 weeks lol. It was clear as day she was a girl! It was also confirmed at 20 weeks! Here is the ultrasound at 15 weeks...

pregnancy calendar
KareBear0609
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I paid $85 to have an U/S because I was too impatient to wait until my 20 week appointment with my midwife (it wasn't even actually scheduled until I was 22 weeks). I found out at 17w1d that it was a girl. I don't regret it AT ALL and I'm glad I did it! I'm not 37 weeks and can't wait to see her!!!!!! =)

Chilosa
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM

usually at that far along just the regular ultrasound will do... If you go out and pay for a 3d or 4d one wait til babys bigger... they suggest them about 28 to 32weeks... Because you get better pictures at this small 3d's dont come out looking to good

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks

pamelam20
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM

That's true...the place I went to used a regular u/s to determine the sex BUT I would call and ask if they give discounts for coming in twice during the same pregnancy. We are getting $50 dollars off our next visit for coming in twice :D

Quoting Chilosa:

usually at that far along just the regular ultrasound will do... If you go out and pay for a 3d or 4d one wait til babys bigger... they suggest them about 28 to 32weeks... Because you get better pictures at this small 3d's dont come out looking to good

pregnancy calendar
aprilmayjune84
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I did this at 28 weeks.  It is TOTALLY worth the money.  They couldn't find the sex at my appointment.  You see how your baby looks in detail, seeing what she's doing, everything..

AnaMaria624
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:17 PM

We did a normal ultra sound at 17 weeks. We found out it was a boy. We had a 3D one at 31 weeks and hes still a boy.

**Proud Stay At Home Mommy!** 

preview image
                                    Baby number 2...... Jameson Elijah

norahsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I would love to do a 3-d ultrasound, but there is no way hubby would go for it.  Its too expensive and we will just make due with the regular one at 20 weeks or so. 

virgobaby1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Actually my midwife does one every appointment I think it just depends on how much they zoom in on it if any (some places don't touch zoom so they aren't as clear) because the pics I have are very clear I am anxious for my next appointment because knowing my midwife he will tell me what I am having at 14 weeks. I will say that if it's the only time your going to do it you may want to go in later so that you have better pics of your LO because their face is more filled out and so is their body

Quoting Chilosa:

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)