Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think there is something wrong with my belly...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok I can't post pics because I don't have a digital camera but I have noticed my belly has gotten smaller.I'm a little overweight and I will be 19 weeks tomorrow.My belly has been getting bigger till this week.In fact it shrunk!I look like I've lost weightDid and overweight moms have this problem?Its driving me insane because it makes me think something is wrong!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pamelam20
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:34 PM

My belly looks smaller depending on what position she's in...if she is facing inwards, my belly looks a lot smaller!

pregnancy calendar
blakendevinsmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Ok im 35 weeks and honestly i dont "look" pregnante anymore!! I dont wear maternity clothes and i was getting bigger than looked like i got smaller now this!!! And its my third pregnancy???????????

mommyofmaknchz
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:38 PM

It is probably just the way the baby is sitting or it could be that your uterus has stretched upwards creating more room so they baby isn't in such a compact space. Depending on the day I look huge one day and then hardly pregnant the next. This is my 3rd pregnancy and i am also overweight.

golther
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Over wieght women who are pregnant do tend to not gain weight but can show like crazy. One of my friend was 205 when she got pg. and by the time she was going to have her twins she was 10-15 lbs lighter.

HuntersMomee
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:42 PM

ill be 18 weeks tomorrow and i havent gained ANY weight, ive lost 6 pounds.

my belly is way out there tho.

( i made the comment to the nurse when i weighed in at my last appointment ... if I lost more weight, where did all this belly come from? ...she said.... do i need to explain to you where babies come from.... lol )

but its normal to lose weight in the beginning. as long as the baby is growing and healthy. towards the end you will gain more...

my belly has days where it looks huge and days where i am not as big. i think it has to do with the position of the baby.

**Mommy to Hunter, my 3 year old miracle baby, born at 28 weeks and weighing in at only 1 pound 12 ounces. completely normal today! :)**
**Due July 18th with my second little one. we dont know the sex yet, but will hopefully find out very soon! THINK PINK!!! **
**I've Been Married for 4 years now! Hopefully that number will just keep getting bigger and bigger! **

gimmeababy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Yes!  I could have hid my pregnancy at 16 weeks because it shrunk.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Well I lost 10 pounds and then my baby is mostly always at the top of my uterus.I can feel it moving and everything.This is my second pregnancy too.Well 3rd but 2nd to get this far.It drives me nuts though.With my son I never really showed and with this one I started really early.Now its hiding.Oh well I think I will wish later that I wasn't showing too much again!!

peaches330
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:45 PM

It's normal to shrink a little between 5-6 months. Your uterus moves up higher so the baby isn't showing as much. I was carrying high with my DD the whole time but my DS was low and a couple weeks before I hit 6 months my stomach got wayyyyy smaller because he moved up a bit more than he was before and after a couple months proceeded to get low and show more again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)