Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother Of The Year!! *update*

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM
  • 11 Replies

UPDATE~  

ahhhhh!!!!  OMG!   .....figures.

So I went to replace my cut-and-paste email from the original source.   When I looked it up I found that the pics are real, but the story isn't.   !!

So here is a link to the truthful version, and the pics are there.   Ooops, sorry!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/tigerpig.asp

Mother of the Year ....

In a zoo in California , a mother tiger gave birth to a rare set of triplet tiger cubs. Unfortunately,
due to complications in the pregnancy, the cubs were born prematurely and due to their tiny
size, they died shortly after birth.

The mother tiger after recovering from the delivery, suddenly started to decline in health,
although physically she was fine. The veterinarians felt that the loss of her litter had caused
the tigress to fall into a depression. The doctors decided that if the tigress could surrogate
another mother's cubs, perhaps she would improve.

After checking with many other zoos across the country, the depressing news was that there
were no tiger cubs of the right age to introduce to the mourning mother. The veterinarians
decided to try something that had never been tried in a zoo environment. Sometimes a mother
of one species will take on the care of a different species. The only orphans" that could be
found quickly, were a litter of weanling pigs. The zoo keepers and vets wrapped the piglets in
tiger skin and placed the babies around the mother tiger. Would they become cubs or pork chops?
Take a look...you won't believe your eyes!!

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rooyt3ptNco

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

amanda0320
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

cryingCan someone please pass the tissue?  That was so freaking cute with the dear and the cat!  i cried a little.

pregnancy
gypsydancer7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM
BooBear81
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I can't even blame this on the hormones!!!crying

TippyD
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:40 PM

wow.. that is soo amazing:)

PregoDiana
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Ah! I'm on my phone and can't see the pics! Can't wait to get home to pull this up again!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
SAM
THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
BORN DECEMBER 19th, 2008
PregoDiana
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:46 PM
well Im on my computer now, I still cant see the pics of the tigeress and piglets, but that video was just too stinkin cute! Thanks for sharing! Can you try reposting the others pics?
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
SAM
THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
BORN DECEMBER 19th, 2008
doulala
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 3:04 PM

This paste has been weird...    Sometimes I can click & see the pics, sometimes, I can't!   :- /

It is working right now, though!         ??

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

melloxyellow
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I can't see the pictures neither =[

Quoting doulala:

This paste has been weird...    Sometimes I can click & see the pics, sometimes, I can't!   :- /

It is working right now, though!         ??

doulala
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 3:58 PM

ahhhhh!!!!  OMG!   .....figures.

So I went to replace my cut-and-paste email from the original source.   When I looked it up I found that the pics are real, but the story line isn't.   !!

So here is a link to the truthful version, and the pics are there.   Ooops, sorry!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/tigerpig.asp

~Barbara Katz Rothma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)