• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is not about the octuplet mom but someone answer me please

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:58 PM
  • 38 Replies

I'm aware that to get response the topic has to be the octuplet mom or something else irrelevant/unimportant but hopefully someone can help me out. On Tuesday night I lost my mucus plug then went through about 4 panty liners filled with a Pepto-Bismol looking substance in an hour. My doctor was less than interested in hearing about it the next day at my appointment so I still have no answers. Just now I went to the bathroom and had a really strange experience. While I was peeing some random fluid from God know's where I guess squirted out (for lack of a better term) Kind gross, but it didn't appear to have any color, at least not what was on the toilet seat or floor (yes FLOOR) but my pee had been pretty yellow...even though I drink about a million glasses of water a day. Also when I wiped there was MORE of the Pepto-Bismol-esque discharge...should I be worried? What is going on? As I said my doctor was less than helpful so I'm hoping someone else has experienced this. Sorry for the overshare!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rdnewman
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Sorry..i have no idea..so here is a bump

Rachel D. Newman
Gizzy22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:00 PM

How far along are you? It could be more of the mucus plug coming out and it could be your water breaking little by little. If your real worried call the L&D doctors and ask them

Photobucket
stephiepattie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Oh yeah I should have thrown that in, I'm 37 weeks and 1 day as of Wednesday night 3cm 75% effaced

Quoting Gizzy22:

How far along are you? It could be more of the mucus plug coming out and it could be your water breaking little by little. If your real worried call the L&D doctors and ask them

mommytwins83
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM

i would go to ld

hotmomof5plus1onthewaykissing

Gizzy22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Yea it sounds like it could be your water breaking... I would deff call the L&D doctors and ask them.. Are you contracting at all?

Quoting stephiepattie:

Oh yeah I should have thrown that in, I'm 37 weeks and 1 day as of Wednesday night 3cm 75% effaced

Quoting Gizzy22:

gypsydancer7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I think, maybe, your water just broke. I would head into labor and delivery right now. They will test the fluid. Take the pad. Just to be safe

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I love your way of catching our attention and completly understand the feeling!!!!

I would say labor is starting and you should probably head to L&D soon!!! Your water is probably what the fluid was and it isn't safe to walk around with that broke. If it was clear that is good and something they will ask you when you get there. As for the other stuff it may be parts of you mucus plug!!!!  All are good indications that your labor is starting. If your not full term I would certainly rush to L&D ASAP!!

stephiepattie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I'm not having any contractions...well maybe here or there but nothing significant

sandy_p
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:06 PM

i read your situation but im sorry i have no idea what it would be but if it were me id be heading to l&d sorry i am of no help good luck

babydsmommy18
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Its sounds like your water is slowly breaking I would call L&D and go get checked out just to make sure..Because if your water is slowly breaking they can brake it all the way and you will go into labor..Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)