Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sciatic nerve..please loook

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

anyone have any solutions in what you can do to relief some of the pain?..like exercises, etc?..anything right now would be very helpful! i have been in tears all night :(

pregnancy

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cadlecr4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Stretch ur back out. I also go to the chriopractor for mine. It seems to help. I havn't been having near as much pain.

blake06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I know where u are at i have this pain too...my doc said tylenol pm, heating pad or a warm bath or shower will help relax u...as for stretches if you can get on all fours and arch ur back up and then down this seems to help me...i hope this helps you...im in pain as we speak im about to go and take tylenol and try to go to bed...good luck hun!

McDonaldlnc
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I had to go to the chiro for that when I was preggo also. I have to look around and find the paper with all the excerices I had to do.  One was to lay on your side and raise your leg up and down slowly i remember and take warm showers and heat pad on it.

haimeee09
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Thanks for the advice girl!!! Think i am going to try the on four strech..i've tried taking a warm shower and it helped for the time being ( don't haveylathtub in my house--only two showers) but SOO wish i had a bath tub at this point in time lol and tylenol pm makes me feel SOO dopey but thanks grl

Quoting blake06:

I know where u are at i have this pain too...my doc said tylenol pm, heating pad or a warm bath or shower will help relax u...as for stretches if you can get on all fours and arch ur back up and then down this seems to help me...i hope this helps you...im in pain as we speak im about to go and take tylenol and try to go to bed...good luck hun!

pregnancy

HuntersMomee
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:27 PM

yup i as gonna suggest getting on all fours too... gravity will help pull the baby down off of that nerve.... that was my son's favorite spot to sit... i was always in tears trying to stand up from sitting on the floor... ahhh!

this baby hasnt really done it yet. my back gets painful sometimes already but nothing like that.

**Mommy to Hunter, my 3 year old miracle baby, born at 28 weeks and weighing in at only 1 pound 12 ounces. completely normal today! :)**
**Due July 18th with my second little one. we dont know the sex yet, but will hopefully find out very soon! THINK PINK!!! **
**I've Been Married for 4 years now! Hopefully that number will just keep getting bigger and bigger! **

virgobaby1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I would ask the dr about the heating pad because so dr's and midwives will tell you no because it's dangerous for the baby, but some say it's ok mine said it was ok but I have heard many moms get told no.

Quoting blake06:

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

haimeee09
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:31 PM

How long does it usually last for?.. Like couple days, weeks..etc? Or how long did it last for you ladies? This is the second day its happened..but i am guessing it could prolong for a while?

pregnancy

giffer
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:33 PM

my hubby rubbed tiger balm on me. but i don't know if it's safe i never asked my dr. i also used heating pads.

i hate mondays

MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Sit on the edge of a chair stick one leg out and the other should be bent under you (like a lunge sort of position) and stretch towards the leg that is out. repeat for the other side. Also, rocking on an exercise ball will help too!

haimeee09
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Thanks sooo much for all of the suggestions..keep em coming ladies :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)