Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HEARTBEATS OUT THE EARS!! JEEZ

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:32 PM
  • 3 Replies

SeRiously, do not recall that annoyance during my first pregnancy. It's like my heart is beating LOUDLY at the EARS...does that make sense. Sometimes I can't sLeep because that's all I hear and it gets pretty ANNOYING!!

Anyone care to share if they have gone, going through or is this even NORMAL..hahaha

Thanks!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mrhjoyce
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:41 PM

I actually did have that when I was pregnant with my daughter.  Not all the time but sometimes and I hated it, I don't have a cure for you, but I use to go take a shower when happened because it would get me all worked up not being able to sleep and the shower helped me calm down.

sofia-ao
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:31 AM

This happened with me. Not all the time, but just sporadically. It's due to increased blood volume. It doesn't happen to every woman or during every pregnancy. I noticed it mostly when resting after a sudden burst of activity. Or at night in bed, when everything was quiet. There is actually a term for it, but I had my baby four months ago and I can't remember what it was called anymore!

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:37 AM

I have that all the time. I've grown used to it, but it is rather annoying. I'm fine and have had it as long as I remember, so I don't think it poses any real  threat.

Its much worse if you like lay on your arm or something for support I think. Then Not only can I HEAR the pumping/blood flow, but I can feel the pusling, GROSS!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)