Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

TTC How often do you have sex

Posted by   + Show Post

Last time I got pregnant it was a surprise.  We were not trying, but thought we could handle it if it happened.  Now we are starting to try for number two.  I've looked on line for ovulation calendars so I know the best days to try.  But, how often did you have sex while trying?  How long did it take to get pregnant? 

by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
mjimaging
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2009 at 9:23 PM

We didn't do any massive planning, we knew that we wanted to have our child between July and August (not a huge window) so we figured out nine months prior.  When my period ended we just didn't use protection any more.  We may have done it every day but sometimes maybe three times a week and I would say it took place in the first couple weeks.  We are due July 31st, we hit our mark and hopefully everything will go great.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

jamiemayz
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 9:23 PM

We never "try" it just happens in time. We are on our sixth. We space them about 2 years apart. A couple ended up closer and a couple ended up farther. When it happens it happens. The more you stress over it the less likely you will be to get pregnant. The stress actually sabotages you.  Good luck!

787BabyMom
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 11:01 PM

We had sex every other day around the week I was supposedly ovulating (a few days before and after).  We got pregnant on the first month both times.

Domzmom2005
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 11:04 PM

We tried any chance we got and it worked.

pregnancy week by week

baby

trowasmommy515
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I've heard you shouldn't have sex everyday, because its harder, all o fmy pregnancies have been planned and when we're ttc we have sex almost everyday, but i have realized that the more you stress the harder it is, with all three of mine, i would find out something was wrong and so wouldn't really be stressing about ttc and thats when it happened, so just try to relax and make sure sex is fun : )

pregnancy

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

jridgill
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM

We had sex the day we got a postive OPK.

So the day before ovulation, the day of, and the day after.

It worked for us! Took 4 months the first time and 1st try the next 2 times.  

Multiple Miscarriages/loss Click to Join!  Admin.
Fall 2008 babies!   Click to Join!   Owner

hmitchell
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I used the online fertility calender at www.fertilitygal.com   We were trying for a girl, so we humped like rabbits the day before, the day of, and the day after... it took two months to get pregnant, and we got our little girl!  We started trying in Nov., and got preg. Dec. 31, 2007!  Good Luck!  and try out that site... it's amazing!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

lil_jenny_28
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 11:13 PM

we didn't want to stress over it so we did like normal 2-3 times a week and just let it happen when it was meant to. It took us 3-4 months for dd and the same for this pregnancy.

LeNarendra
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Calendars-shmalendars... Just try ovulation strips - they are very inexpensive & take the guess work out of the process!

We kept missing the "it' time for 3 moths on our own , then used ovulation strips that I had bought on clearance at Wallgreens for $2.97 :), and it worked like a charm!

(TMI FUN FACT: one of the 3 months we even traveled to Hawaii to conceive romantically, made lots of love every day for 8 days & nothing... Later, after actually conceiving, I tracked my ovulation back - of course, the month we went to Hawaii I must have ovulated on the long-ass flights back to FL!)

baby1love
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 12:25 PM

LOL my hubby and I never have sex unless we are TTC and it only takes 1 time for me to get pregnant !!!!!! I have been pregnant 4 times and have lost 3 babies. 

Proud Mama to SuperShaylee and 3 angels (5 weeks Biscuit  3/06 , ButterBean 12 weeks 3/08,8 weeks Baby M 11/08)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN