Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Best Formula??

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

What do you think the best formula for gas, fussiness and spitup is? I was told Enfamil Gentlease is good.

baby

by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeanneC
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:02 PM

The best thing for gas, spitting up and fussiness is your milk... Is that not an option?

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:03 PM

It just depends on the baby.... Liam did perfect on Similac Organic and with Molly we tried that and she did horrible... then we tried Similac Sensitive, Enafamil Gentlease, and Parents Choice Soy... and Ironically what worked best for her was plain old Enfamil Lipil...

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

Thestacys08
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:04 PM

My daughter does great on similac senstive.

ms.angel221
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Yup.. your BABY will let u know!! good luck

Angel

Thestacys08
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:05 PM

My daughter couldn't handle my milk, very rare thing. I was so upset i couldnt breastfeed my little girl..

Quoting LeanneC:

The best thing for gas, spitting up and fussiness is your milk... Is that not an option?

virgobaby1978
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Depends on the baby some babie have an easier time with one formula over another. I would try one out and see how it works Most of My kids had to be on lactose free for a while

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

LeanneC
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Quoting Thestacys08:

My daughter couldn't handle my milk, very rare thing. I was so upset i couldnt breastfeed my little girl..

Does she have congenital lactose intolerance or PKU?  Those are the only two metabolic disorders that I personally know of that make an infant unable to tolerate it's mothers milk... the rest of the time it is just mom's diet.   Now, occasionally it can be very difficult to determine what in moms diet is causing the problem, but if you can figure it out and eliminate it, you can nurse just fine.

Anyway... not sure how old your babe is, or if diet may have been your problem, but maybe some info for next time?  :)

Eskyborn
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I'm breastfeeding now but switching to formula

Quoting LeanneC:

baby

Johns_Gal
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Quoting Eskyborn:

I'm breastfeeding now but switching to formula

Quoting LeanneC:

Everything okay, mama? It *does* get tons easier....your choice and all, I just know how hard it is at first.

lovemy918
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:23 PM

They all have to follow the same "recipe".  My daughter was on Parents Choice Gentle and it was great for her Acid, and her tummy problems. 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

My family is my life.
Who would have thought getting pregnant for the 3rd time would be so tough after 2 "one shot" deals?

TTC since April 2008
Diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome 9/15/2008

1st Pregnancy- Our Twin Angels made it to 14wks.  Gone, but never forgotten.
2nd Pregnancy- Mommy and Daddys Pride and Joy-"Bubbles" Born Jan. 24th 2008 Via Induction weighing 9lbs 11oz at 39wks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN