Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What was this pain? (TMI, PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey ladies, last night after my fiance and I had sex (sorry if TMI) I felt this really bad cramp/tightening in my pelvis. It lasted about 2-3 mins nonstop. It would lighten up a little bit (not completely go away) then get pretty tight again. My fiance got me water and soon as I drank it, it stopped. Anyone have any ideas on what this was?

by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Danielle692
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM

how far along are you? sometimes an orgasam can make you have contractions and so can being dehydrated

mommy2be33009
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM

How far along are you??  When I was about 4 months or so my DH and I had sex and I felt like that...  I even went to the doctor and he told us that it happens alot and it's just a bruised cervix

MonicasMommy
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Happens to me anytime I have an orgasm, it causes a contraction. Nothing to be concerned about, it is normal!

melloxyellow
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:32 PM

31 weeks - sorry i usually don't forget to leave that part out lol.

Quoting Danielle692:

how far along are you? sometimes an orgasam can make you have contractions and so can being dehydrated

addisonsmom3794
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Yep and everytime I did this when pregnant with DD the next time I went to my OB I'd be another cent. or so dilated.  It hurts a little but is well worth making progress at home rather than at the hospital.

Quoting MonicasMommy:

Happens to me anytime I have an orgasm, it causes a contraction. Nothing to be concerned about, it is normal!

maybebaby15
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:51 PM
Nothing to worry about. Everytime you orgasm, your uterus contracts - don't worry, though - this isn't hurting your baby! In fact they often enjoy the "rocking" of the contractions. As far as why water might help... Muscles often contract (think about when you get a charlie horse) when you're dehydrated. Anytime you have a cramp - be it uterine, or from exercise - water lubricates the muscle(s) and helps relieve the cramping. Don't worry, it's completely normal.
melloxyellow
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Thanks ladies !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN