Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Best early detector pregnancy test?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 1:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
Has anyone had luck with the 5 day before your missed period pregnancy tests? It says the success rate is about 50% 5 days before your missed period so I dont see how those tests are all that great in terms of accuaracy.

Also, if I take the test the day of my missed period, eg. Day 28 of my cycle, that should be pretty accurate, right?

What are people's favorite brands of tests? Are generic just as good!?

THANKS!!!
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JaimeLynne714
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 1:08 PM
I used ept a couple days before my missed period and got the right result. i just kinda felt different and somehow knew, so i took the test and it came back positive. ?

angel07bear
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 1:08 PM
I took 2 generic tests from the dollar store and they both came out positive and were right. My mother works in ob/gyn dept. and the doctors there do not rely on the tests you take 5 days before your missed period.  If it works for you let us know.

MamaMcJ
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 3:15 PM
I took an ept 7 days before my missed period and it came back negative but I was feeling sick, had heartburn so I took another one from the dollar store 5 days before I was suppose to have my period and tahdah..pregnant!!  With Twins!  I don;t think it matters what kind you take..they all should work.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
thewaitress
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 6:55 PM
Did you all take the test in the morning with your first pee like they say to if you're taking it before your missed period???
joybird
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 10:13 PM
Some are made more sensitive than others, but you might get a false negative if your body isn't producing enough of the hormone that early on.  I always liked First Response, but with my 3rd pregnancy the line was so faint I needed reassurance.  So I bought that digital one (I think it was Clearblue?) and it said "Pregnant."  It was not only sensitive, but gave me the definite answer I was looking for a few days before my missed period.
BabySchochsMomy
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Quoting angel07bear:

I took 2 generic tests from the dollar store and they both came out positive and were right. My mother works in ob/gyn dept. and the doctors there do not rely on the tests you take 5 days before your missed period.  If it works for you let us know.

Thats how i found out i was pregnant i took 5 of them to make sure they came out right and they all came out poitive then went to the obgyn and she said i was pregnant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)