Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low hormone levels? Please help.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:41 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello my name is Brenda

I am new in this community and I just wanted share my story to see if anyone had similar experiences.

I became pregnant about 2 months ago. January the 20th to be exact.
Everything went fine up until yesterday (3-27-07). My doctor informed me that my hormone level in my blood is a bit lower than it is supposed to be.

They also told me that the fetus is not developing like it should at this stage. (they think its 11 weeks. I say its 9 weeks) I am not bleeding nor do I have any discomfort or pain. I feel that I am perfectly fine. My doctor recommended that I terminate this pregnancy.
It seems to me that doctors here are way to eager almost excited to "terminate" this pregnancy. Just a little added note here: The same exact thing happened to me one year ago which DID result in termination.
Deep down I feel I am being lied to. I have yet to see any test in writing. Everything so far has been in verbal communication.

Anyone with similar problems out there?
Anyone with suggestions?  
Thank you.              Brenda

by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KeanynSymon
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 1:38 AM
I can't say that I have ever been in your situation.  But I would definitely go see another doctor.  More opinions couldn't hurt anything.  Let us know how it goes!
KatieM
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 1:53 AM

Quoting KeanynSymon:

I can't say that I have ever been in your situation.  But I would definitely go see another doctor.  More opinions couldn't hurt anything.  Let us know how it goes!

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.  I have not been through this either but I totally agree,  if it doesn't seem right to you, you should get a second opinion and make them explain everything to you clearly. 
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 10:37 AM
My take on this is that you should not terminate the pregnancy... so many times I have heard similar stories and so many times that child was born just fine!  Your body knows how to take care of a baby if it isn't going to make it, terminating right now puts you at risk more then letting your body naturally take care of things.  You need to follow those mommy instincts that you have right now!  I will be saying prayers for you, and please let us know how you are doing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)