Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone else deal with this?(long story)

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 10:12 PM
  • 1 Replies
So I looked to see if this had ever been asked before and couldnt find it so I thought I would ask you ladies opinions and see if anyone has ever gone though this.

I have gestational diabeties, I have known since I was 10 weeks along so I have controlled it pretty well with diet and exercise (*Cries* i miss chocolate! :) ) Anyway, today I went to my prenatal and we decided that we should put me on some medicine for the diabeties just to help me out. Well I thought I was 23 weeks along (due december 16th) I had an ultrasound at 11 weeks that told me I was due december 16th. Well today my doctor also got the results from my 20 week ultrasound. He said the baby may just be growing faster than normal because of the diabities, because at the 20 week ultrasound she measured me at 21 weeks and 4 days. So he changed my due date to December 5th (heres where it gets weird) Well my original due date that I had figured out with my LMP was december 5th but my periods were always irregular and so we had an ultrasound just to make sure at 11 weeks and she told me I was 11 weeks along so I have been going with that. So he moved my due date to the 5th but said if I dont deliver until the 16th its not a big deal and we can still go by the due date of the 16th if its easier. Then he said I will probably be sent it for more ultrasounds the further along I get and the due date may change more. *sigh* it seems so frusterating to not know when the babies due. I know its only like a 2 week window of time difference and that babies usually arent born on their due dates anyways, but I am not sure which one to go by or what to expect now. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you ladies have gone through the same thing of changing due dates or multiple due dates. My worry is that I know with gestational diabeties that the baby shouldnt be in the womb longer than 40 weeks but if I am not delievered by the 5th then should I be worried about not having the baby until the 16th. *sigh* I was kind of shocked when he told me this today so I left without really questioning it. I have another apointment in two weeks and he is an amazing doctor so I know he will probably be able to explain it but I thought I would see if anyone else here has dealt with this same thing. Anyway, thanks so much ladies!
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gacgbaker
by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 9:43 AM
I had the same thing happen with my son, and I remember feeling very confused and frustrated... but the kinda good news is that you won't really know what to expect anyway.  Babies will come when it is time, and a due date can always be two weeks off... that is why they say full term is anywhere from 38-42 weeks.  As you get closer to the due date (which I am sure as you get closer to the 5th depending on what other ultrasounds say), you will have weekly appointments, the doctors will keep a close eye on you and the baby.  I know that when I was past due, I didn't want to be induced unless the baby was in danger, so they did weekly ultrasounds to check on fluids and how the baby was doing.  Hang in there, I know it can be upsetting! 

Come and Join in on some fun! Help us "Flock" these two groups this week!!!
Deals & Steals Cookbook Project Group!!
Africa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)