Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

got really mad

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 6:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
I was at the mall today, and people kept staring at me, because of the belly I assume. It was very uncomfortable, it's not like they smiled or nodded or anything, and I got really mad in the end. I also don't like how everybody I talked to seemed to think I am a bit weak in the head or completely preoccupied with fuzzy teddybear schemes.

Pregnant women are normal people! I don't want to be treated like I don't quite count anymore! I hate this.... :-(
by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
helen1978
by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 6:39 PM
I feel your pain.  It is especially bad for me at church everytime I look up people are staring at me.  It's like ok have you never seen a pregnant woman before.
mom2Riley3
by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 9:10 PM
Don't feel bad I am with you, actually a week ago in the supermarket I thought this women was going to brake her neck she  stared at me and gave me a dirty look... I felt like asking her if she had a problem or something.....
risonski
by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Someone needs to make a line of t-shirts with comments on the belly in response to people like that. Like 'It isn't polite to stare" "we don't touch strangers" "pregnancy is NOT a deformity" "pregnancy isn't a crime" "i'm not a pimple so don't ask when I'm going to pop" "Me: hormonal, grumpy, and a killer vocabulary. You don't want to mess with me."

Check out my little man's website! www.totsites.com/tot/jakeweaver

CafeMom addicts unite! www.cafemom.com/group/superchatters

Comma
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 5:16 PM
Hihi, saw this just now. Yes, I'd buy one of those Shirts, while I happily pass on a pink one saying 'Baby angel' or something horrible. It's not like we throw our fashion sense in the bin the moment we have a positive test in the hand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN