Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how long were u dilated 2cm before delivery?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:15 AM
  • 21 Replies

so the dr told me yesterday i am officially 2cm dilated but not effaced yet.  so how long can i be like this till i go into labor/delivery?

Christina

by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Catanna
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:21 AM

about two weeks

KristinRox
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:21 AM

My sister was 3cm dialated and 50 percent effaced at 32 weeks, she did not end up having her baby until 42 weeks when they induced her. I personally have never been dialated or effaced with any of my babies. ~Kristin~

A group for proud c-section mommies!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/csectionsupport - group admin

ashlynsmoma
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I was 2 cm for a long time..3 weeks or so, everyone is different though

monky819
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM

about 2 and a half weeks for me.

Chasity.Sifford
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM

with my first son, i was for about 2 weeks, and he was over due. my second son, i was for about a week, and he was early. congrats!

Bmomma2
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I was dialated 3-4 cm's for 6 weeks with baby #1 before I was finally induced.  With #2 I went to the OB on Thurs and she said NOTHING was happening I wasx already a few days post due.  She was born rather quickly on Friday night/ early sat morning.  My doc said it's more common to dialate early with #1.  Good luck!!  Are you contracting??

Wiifeytype1025
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:37 AM

With my last pregnancy they checked me at 28 weeks bc of lots of pressure, i was 2 cm, and by 34 weeks i was 3 cm, and I didnt get to 4 until active labor... and had her 2 days before 38 weeks, so I went at least 10 weeks being that dilated. There's no magic answer and dilation doesnt mean labors coming soon... as much as we wish it did mean that.

I wish there was something we could look up to find out when we would go into labor!!

AmberDR
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I was 2cm and 50% effaced for about 24 hours

aconrad
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:47 AM
You could still be like that for a while or it could be tomorrow...you never know. Since your not effaced then I would say you still have have a few more weeks but then again you never know!
bethanderson07
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I was at two cm the last two OB appointments before I had my daughter.. But I was at least 50% effaced at both of them, too.. It just all depends on how fast or slow your body will move.. If you aren't effaced at all, I'd say that it will still be a little while.. But it all depends on your body and when it is ready! Good luck!

Beth Anderson

Wife to Steven Charles (8.18.07)

Mommy to Emily Hope (5.19.08)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)