Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low Amniotic Fluid

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2007 at 10:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone had low amniotic fluid in their pregnancies and do they usually put you on bed rest?

by on Aug. 29, 2007 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cinderella423
by on Aug. 29, 2007 at 10:39 PM
No, but I had high amniotic fluid that kept getting higher and higher so they wound up taking the baby 2 weeks early. 
angiemonteiro86
by on Aug. 29, 2007 at 10:42 PM
Funny that you actually asked that because that's what I have gone through in the last trimester of my pregnancy. When I was around 32 weeks my amniotic fluid level went down to seven and I had to be hospitalized for a few days until they pumped enough liquid through an IV. I guess the average fluid level is between 10-13 It just depends on what your physician thinks about the situation. The worse that can happen is if your level drops below five, they'll have to induce you earlier. Make sure you drink LOTS... I mean LOTS OF WATER!! Thats what has kept me at a solid 9, and now I am 38 weeks and counting.

Best of wishes,
Angie
bam920
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 9:08 PM
I had low fluid w/ #1 child.  They discovered it at about 34 weeks, so after that I had 2 stress tests each week (which is just when they put the moniters on your belly and watch their heartbeat for 1/2 hr or so) and 1 u/s per week which was actually really nice to see.  He was breech w/ a big head (LOL nothing serious) and so they took him by c-section at 38 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured