Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

37 weeks 2cm and 60% effaced

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

I know that evey one is different but the doc said today that I was 2 cm and 60% effaced and the baby's head was way way down and my cervix was very soft. Naturally I'm very excited about my progress, but I was wondering from 2nd timers how much longer am I looking at?  I know that it will differ from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy I just really want some hope. My hubby goes on night shift tomorrow night and I am a wee bit nervous about being home alone and him being 20 minutes away after he gets relieved from his post (he's a security officer).

by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KareBear0609
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 1:08 PM

You could go into labor in 3 days or 3 weeks. I'm 39 weeks and 3cm ... and have been that way. I could still go over my due date and have to be induced ...

monkeyrhea
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Noone can really say.  I was 1cm and 50% at 35 weeks and at my 38 week check-up was the same and then 2 days later I went in because I thought I was leaking fluid and I was at almost 5cm and had him that day. 

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Delaneysmom07
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 1:14 PM

You caught my attention.  My last prenatal visit (last pregnancy) was at 37w4d, it was a Friday.  I was 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced.  I went into labor in the wee hours of Sunday morning, and had her Sunday afternoon.

You probably don't have long, but I know everyone's different. 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy calendar
myfamilymylife2
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 4:58 PM

You probably don't have too much longer! With my last pregnancy at 37 weeks I was 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I had my son about a week later. Thank goodness my labor started in the middle of the night or else my dh would have missed it. My 2nd labor was only 1 hour and 40 minutes long! So just make sure you can get a hold of your hubby! :D Best of luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured