Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mucus plug

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 12:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 questions... does it always have a bloody look, or can it just be clearish,

and how long after was it until you went into labor?
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PassionDivaMom
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 12:54 PM
Hey girl

If its clear it can be part of the plug. Usually it has somewhat of a tinge of pink to it. Sometimes you go into labor right away, other times it can take a while (up to a week or so) Sorry, I know probably not the answer you were looking for. LOL

Hang in there.

Carrie Kulinski

Executive Director - Passion Parties

carriesromance@yahoo.com / www.passionsbycarrie.com

ChasinYourHeart
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 12:57 PM
I lost the first one at 31 weeks but apparently they replenish themselves.  Then i lost it again at 37 weeks, still not in labor   :(   They can range from clear to very bloody, everyones is different!
lilyrosemama
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 1:00 PM
hmmm....my doc said mine's just coming out as increased discharge. i'd made an appointment a couple weeks ago because i thought my water had broken, but no...just my plug.
Jessi_Ellen
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 1:02 PM
I just hit 38 weeks. I was just curious b/c I know everyone's different. Thanks ladies!
munchkin0212
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 1:24 PM
my neighbors came out wile her hubby was "down there" he actually thought it was just extra discharge. she had to tell him it wasnt normal

Love Always,

BethAnn

Mommyathome2
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 1:44 PM
Never even saw mine w/ my first and haven't caught a glimpse of it this time around either...

Amandasmommie
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 1:55 PM
With My 1st daughter I lost it the day That I had her. i was in the shower and I was like what the heck.lol adn Then probably about 2 hours later I had her in my arms
Keodenver
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 2:02 PM
I lost mine in the hospital during labor. Sometimes you just don't see them. Mine came out right around when my water broke, which was walking around in my hospital room!
LindsaySHALI
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 2:18 PM
I lost 2 weeks ago and still no baby! :)
MrsThompson420
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 11:05 PM
with my son i lost it in the shower about 2 days before i had him. I t was funny because ater i lost it i went to brooklyn with a friend to a recording studio, and she was going nuts thinking i was about to go in to labor any minute, but my water broke at 4 am 2 days later. i guess it varies for everyone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)