Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Measuring 4 weeks ahead!

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 4:24 PM
  • 16 Replies
Just had my 36week check up (still 2cm 75%, grrrrr....) and she is now measuring at 40 weeks!  Has anyone else measured to much further ahead??
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allisonsmommy
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 4:28 PM
At my 32 week checkup I measured at 37weeks..and at my ultrasound they said she was already over 6lbs! I am 34weeks and still measuring at 37weeks!!
Snowgembabygirl
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 4:28 PM
I am measuring a week and a half ahead so 33.5 weeks not 32 and i am huge so I'm like GREAT! Cut it out early! It's my third and i have already gained 40lbs and 15 inches in girth!!!!!!! They said no they have to go by the last period! DARN! Mid October sounds better than late October! I wanted it out at 5 months!
allisonsmommy
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Quoting Snowgembabygirl:

I am measuring a week and a half ahead so 33.5 weeks not 32 and i am huge so I'm like GREAT! Cut it out early! It's my third and i have already gained 40lbs and 15 inches in girth!!!!!!! They said no they have to go by the last period! DARN! Mid October sounds better than late October! I wanted it out at 5 months!
at least they are going by your lmp LOL. My last period puts me at the due date of sept 11th. BUT because of my early ultrasound...my due date is Oct 10th. UGH.

Sarahem
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 5:00 PM
When I was 19 weeks with my daughter, I was measuring at 21 weeks.  (So was my daughter per the ultrasound.)  I was never told after that how much ahead we were measuring.  She was born at 21 1/2 inches long and 9lbs 7 oz.
Oh, and the due date stayed the same.  She was born one day before her due date.

www.maxtheshelterdog.com

Keodenver
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 5:13 PM
Your due date can always be off plus or minus 2 weeks. Just remember, your baby will come when they're good and ready!! Just don't be convinced to induce b/c your doctor thinks the baby is too big....silly, silly, silly!
Sarahem
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 5:18 PM

Quoting Keodenver:

Your due date can always be off plus or minus 2 weeks. Just remember, your baby will come when they're good and ready!! Just don't be convinced to induce b/c your doctor thinks the baby is too big....silly, silly, silly!

My doctor now is trying to convince me to let her induce me early since my last baby was so big.  Funny thing is, she has never told me that this baby is big, and the ultrasound tech told me the baby was exactly the size it should be for its age.  I think she wants to do it for her own convenience.
I had no problem delivering my first, and I only had a superficial tear. 

www.maxtheshelterdog.com

Keodenver
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 5:51 PM
Sorry, I 'm having trouble quoting you, but JUST IN MY OPINION, the medical professionals, in general are quick to induce. If a woman is induced b/c she's measuring too big, they automatically assume the baby is too big or mom is further along then initially though, etc, etc, etc. Well, WHAT IF you are just measuring big? My midwife (who never thought to induce me) thought I was going to have a BIG baby, b/c of the way my belly looked. She knew w/out a doubt that I could birth her naturally, big baby and all. Anyway, when she was born, she was 7oz. Hardly a big baby. I was just ALL stomach. Anyway, back to the point. If you're induced before baby is ready (which a lot of women are) you run the risk of lung problems and lots of other things with baby. Then there is also the risk of c-section b/c you weren't ready to labor yet anyway.....ahhhh. ....the list goes on! Not worth the risk just for a matter of convenience!! Just say no to inductions!!
LindsaySHALI
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 5:52 PM

I'm actually scheduled to have a repeat c-section.  My dr. said that unless I go into active labor early, we're still doing it at 39 weeks like we had planned.

Quoting Keodenver:

Sorry, I 'm having trouble quoting you, but JUST IN MY OPINION, the medical professionals, in general are quick to induce. If a woman is induced b/c she's measuring too big, they automatically assume the baby is too big or mom is further along then initially though, etc, etc, etc. Well, WHAT IF you are just measuring big? My midwife (who never thought to induce me) thought I was going to have a BIG baby, b/c of the way my belly looked. She knew w/out a doubt that I could birth her naturally, big baby and all. Anyway, when she was born, she was 7oz. Hardly a big baby. I was just ALL stomach. Anyway, back to the point. If you're induced before baby is ready (which a lot of women are) you run the risk of lung problems and lots of other things with baby. Then there is also the risk of c-section b/c you weren't ready to labor yet anyway.....ahhhh. ....the list goes on! Not worth the risk just for a matter of convenience!! Just say no to inductions!!

risonski
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 6:25 PM

According to my LMP I'm due on Sunday, but because of how he measured at my early ultrasound, it is a week from tomorrow... who knows when he'll show up...

Babies have growth spurts though... sometimes he was measuring big, sometimes normal, sometimes small. Babies are little mysteries!

Check out my little man's website! www.totsites.com/tot/jakeweaver

CafeMom addicts unite! www.cafemom.com/group/superchatters

Karlene6
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 6:32 PM
I went in for an ultrasound at the beginning of this month and going by my LMP I was 25 weeks but going by the wieght of my son they said I was 28 weeks. He was 2lbs 5oz and he was only supposed to be a pound and a half!!

Karlene ~ Mommy 2 Be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)