Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Measuring 4 weeks ahead!

Posted by   + Show Post
Just had my 36week check up (still 2cm 75%, grrrrr....) and she is now measuring at 40 weeks!  Has anyone else measured to much further ahead??
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 4:24 PM
Replies (11-16):
Madisynsmama
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 6:37 PM
I measured big my whole pregnancy with my daughter. She was a very big baby (over 10 pounds) but they wouldnt change my due date just cause she was HUGE! i was kinda mad but its all good now
Kory0612
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 6:40 PM
With my last pregnancy I was 35 weeks and the ultrasound showed that Piper was 6lbs 8oz... well i had to have an emergency C section b/c my BP got to high. She came out at 5lbs even and was on CPAP for 3 days b/c her lungs weren't developed yet.  So after she was born they told me they thought I actually wasn't as far along as they said I was... UGH. she is a healthy 8 month old now. I am just praying this pregnancy goes to term with no issues!
Sarahem
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 9:31 PM

Quoting Keodenver:

Sorry, I 'm having trouble quoting you, but JUST IN MY OPINION, the medical professionals, in general are quick to induce. If a woman is induced b/c she's measuring too big, they automatically assume the baby is too big or mom is further along then initially though, etc, etc, etc. Well, WHAT IF you are just measuring big? My midwife (who never thought to induce me) thought I was going to have a BIG baby, b/c of the way my belly looked. She knew w/out a doubt that I could birth her naturally, big baby and all. Anyway, when she was born, she was 7oz. Hardly a big baby. I was just ALL stomach. Anyway, back to the point. If you're induced before baby is ready (which a lot of women are) you run the risk of lung problems and lots of other things with baby. Then there is also the risk of c-section b/c you weren't ready to labor yet anyway.....ahhhh. ....the list goes on! Not worth the risk just for a matter of convenience!! Just say no to inductions!!
I absolutely agree!  I have read that women are more likely to have to have a C-section if they are induced, as well as other complications.  I prefer to let my baby come when she's ready and be healthy, and to come the natural way, not by forcing my body to do what it is not ready to do yet.

www.maxtheshelterdog.com

jessica102883
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 11:40 PM
I will be 31 weeks on Saturday and I measures 33 weeks this past Wednesday. I have always measured a little big, but never this much. The most I've measured before this pregnancy was 1/2 week. My first was only 1 day early and she weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz. My second was 4 days early and weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz. So I don't know how much stock to put into what you measure. I just joke with my OB and tell him that I'm going to think that I will have a baby sooner b/c I'm measuring bigger!!! I am ready to be done!!!

Alexander Ryan or Maddison Nichole (Due November 3, 2007) 

Joanna Danielle (November 18, 2004)      Kyle David (May 25, 2006)

allisonsmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 8:11 AM
I have always read and heard that just because you measure big does not mean your baby will be big. I measured 2 weeks ahead w/my first and she was 7lbs 10ozs. Also with this pregnancy I am having blood pressure problems so my OB's have told me they won't let me go past 39weeks..and they have told me that if my body isnt ready yet by then chances of me having a c-section are very high. :-( I am 34weeks right now and dilated to 1cm. So hopefully i'll be doing something and won't have to be induced lol.
danielsmommy2b
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:22 AM
i went in at 23 weeks and was measuring 27 weeks. they did an ultrasound and my dates stayed the same. never said why i was measuring larger.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN