Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My clinic is really pissing me off...

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
So I went in about a week ago for my first appointment, and they took urine and blood. The woman told me that mainly what they were testing for in my blood was HIV, other STDs, anemia, and my blood type. She said as I was leaving "If you don't hear from me you're fine, no worries." So I get a voicemail from her today saying "I just got your labs back and there is a LOT we need to talk about, please call me back as soon as you can." So I'm thinking, holy shit I'm HIV positive or something, right? I call back, no answer. I call and call and call lol. Finally someone answers, I ask for the woman, gave my name and the girl goes "Oh yeah, hold on she'll call you right back." *click*
Uh.............................. HELLO????? I'm sitting there freaking out. 20 MINUTES LATER, she calls me back to tell me all my blood tests are fine, but I've got a FUCKING UTI! (sorry for my language, I'm pissed haha).  Like, she couldn't have said that in the damn voicemail???
I don't know, I think that was dealt with poorly. First thing tomorrow I'm going to call the doctor's office my friend reccomended to me that takes medi-cal.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."              

-Eleanor Roosevelt

by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BabySchochsMomy
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:11 PM
I would have so freaked. I go to my first appoinment on Thursday The 6ths. and im soo nervous what did ur doctor do on ur first visit?

Kayla...Mommy-2-be......April 17 2008...Hoping For a girl

KateCD
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:12 PM
Wow, I think it was really unproffesional of her to leave that kind of a message! I can't understand why she wouldn't just tell you in the voicemail! I really think some of those nurses just want to act a bit "high and mighty" over people sometimes.
cmb121906
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:12 PM
I would have been SHITTING myself and balling, freaking, and anything else!! Ughhhh I would have been ticked too

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

MrS.GiFFord
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:14 PM
That's really messed up, lol. i could've been worse though. =]

Alybaby
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 9:30 PM
Well, she didn't do much really. Just a regular exam I guess. She did this weird thing though, I think she was trying to feel the size of my uterus or something I dunno. I really didn't like her at all, and like I said, I'm going to see if I can change places. The clinic I go to only has certified midwives, no actual OBs and I didn't know that until recently.

Anothergirl
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 9:53 PM
you should be happy that she informed you right away and let you know that it was urgent. uti's in pregnancy can cause miscarriage so her urgency for you to call back was correct no your not dying but it's still important for you to treat a uti right away it can get a lot worse if you don't. As far as the midwives I personally prefer them over doctors. I did not feel this way when I did have a midwife  in my previous pregnancies. Now that I'm seeing a doctor for this pregnancy I know next time around I will definitely see a midwife and not a doctor. The only time you really need to see a doctor anyway is when you have  a high risk pregnancy or complications during your pregnancy.
Alybaby
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 11:30 PM

Quoting Anothergirl:

you should be happy that she informed you right away and let you know that it was urgent. uti's in pregnancy can cause miscarriage so her urgency for you to call back was correct no your not dying but it's still important for you to treat a uti right away it can get a lot worse if you don't. As far as the midwives I personally prefer them over doctors. I did not feel this way when I did have a midwife  in my previous pregnancies. Now that I'm seeing a doctor for this pregnancy I know next time around I will definitely see a midwife and not a doctor. The only time you really need to see a doctor anyway is when you have  a high risk pregnancy or complications during your pregnancy.
I understand that, it was just the way it was handled was very unprofessional and my whole experiance at the clinic in general has just been awful. The midwife was rude to me, and was very textbook and I did not feel comfortable at all. She didn't explain anything to me, and didn't really seem to know what she was talking about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured