Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

? about dropping??

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have a question about when the baby drops.  I am a little over 33 weeks along and I would like to know how you know when your baby "drops"  if it does at all.  Can you just tell?  What does it feel like?  Do you go into labor soon after?  Does it hurt, how far do you have to be?  SOrry but Im just super curious because my mom keeps lookin at me and saying she thinks Ive "dropped a little"  but I cant tell at all. 
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sexythang000
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:15 PM
i want to know the same thing. im almost 35 weeks and i want to know if my baby has dropped but i dont know what it feels like or anything!!
KateCD
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:17 PM
When my son dropped I felt alot more PAINFUL pressure on my pelvis, but I swear, It was about a month before I went into labor! At first when people started noticing, I didn't notice at all, but the more he dropped, The more pain in my pelvis, hopefully you wont experiance the pain in your pelvis!!
doulala
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:24 PM
It could be that baby's position has changed. When baby moves the uterus moves/changes and looks differently. But "dropping" refers to descending low into the pelvis. In my 2 pregnancies, both babies dropped around 35 weeks. It felt like I would sit on their heads! I would lift their head out of the pelvic socket sometimes so I could sit more comfortably. Seriously! My babies were healthy & fine, born after 40 weeks. Dropping means your nearing the end, but not an indication of the onset of labor. Like you didn't have enough discomfort already!! LOL! Good luck! :)
kristinaneugene
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 8:39 PM
I felt A LOT more pressure inbetween my legs, almost like someone had kicked me in the crotch (HAHA SORRY)!  I was achy and sometimes different sitting positions would send little sharp pains shooting down there.  Hard surfaces were a no go for me!  I started dropping about 5 weeks before I delivered.  I couldn't tell by looking in the mirror, but other people could tell my belly had changed shape.  It didn't really look "lower" because I carried lower and more towards my back. 

Best,                                                                                                            Kristina

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

munchkin36
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 4:26 AM
i'm at 36 weeks. mine hasn't dropped yet, but when she does, the doc will tell me. cuz at every ob visit, your doc should measure your fundus and if it has gotten smaller instead of bigger, the baby has dropped. just ask at your next visit. also the lamaze instructor said that you usually can fit a certain amount of fingers below your sturnum and the big belly lump. if you can suddenly fit more fingers there b4 the lump, the baby has dropped. and i'm also expecting to have a lot more pressure down there and go to the bathroom even more than i am now! seems impossible! lol good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)