Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cravings...

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 9:04 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hello everyone... I am starting my cravings well actually they started a little while ago. I crave strawberries like crazy and then one day I found ham. Not deli meat ham but real ham and ohhhh my. Ham is now the best thing since sliced bread let me tell you. However, I was told by someone at work that I should not be eating ham because of the salt. Its really one of the few things I really enjoy and I really am not much of a salt person so I don't have much salt in my diet. Yet if  this is true I want to stop now. Anyone hear anything about to much salt or ham... let me know

PS What are your cravings?

Thanks
Quinn
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
itsmylife83
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 9:07 PM
I have been craving Jacks French Fries with Ranch Dressing!  YUMMMM!!  Also, Masterpiece Hickory BBQ sauce.  Makes me want some now!
cms52006
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM
Ham does have a lot of salt in it.. Drink a lot of water to help get the salt out of your body.. Look to see if you can find low sodium ham.. I can eat ham every day!!! and that is not a pregnancy craving..
lovemy918
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Honestly, coming from the medical field, alot of people freak about Salt and High BP.....If your body is sensitive to salt, then yes, it may cause issues, however...salt isnt the cause of High BP.....I personally have H. BP right now at 18wks, and i dont eat much salt at all....but to play it safe, i'd drink water to help equalize the salt in your body.....(thats just me)
newmommy408
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:01 PM
Thanks ladies so basicly as long as I stay healthy I can eat my Ham just drink it with extra water. I can do that. Thanks so much
WifeNMommy52606
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:04 PM
I am 71/2 weeks and am craving milk!! I craved it with my son too!!!

Tina---Waylon---Kanin 1---Surprise #2 due 4-14-08

pregnancy 

airchick05
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:07 PM

I crave Subway...coldcuts....i have eaten them my whole pregnancy....

newsomom5
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:48 PM
I have been craving some peanut butter capn crunch and I finally got some today and it was sooooooo good. I'll probaly have a new craving next week.

"Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be." -Grandma Moses (1860-1961)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)