Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It said positive :|

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:07 PM
  • 14 Replies
okay i took a pregnancy test this morning around 8 and it was the first response and it came out positive.... of august 8th 2007 my period ended and had sexual intercourse 16th-20th of august 2007 with no protection and no birthcontrol... and my period should start at least sept. 1 or 2 or 3 around there always the first of the month and i have been sick for three days now and i didnt think i could be pregnant but yet ppl say thats when im most fertile is it too early to tell like as of tomorrow if i am i think i would be 2 weeks cause i feel it happen on the 17th im not here to look for rude comments im here for help and advice.... i will be happy if i am tho i just need to know if ya think its too early to tell or what not i did research on the net and it says you can get signs a week into pregnancy and also let me know you can know early from the first response and etc....it differs from woman to woman some get signs real soon and some get them later on and some dont get them but i need advice and ppls opinions and i want to thank all of you that read this and reply to this post thanks :)
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pretttynpink88
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:09 PM

congrats! is this your first? how old are you?

lulusmum
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:11 PM
You very well could be prego except if your period started on August 1-3 you are technically about 4 weeks pregnant. You would be due around may 8th. It has to do with your cycle. Good Luck!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momstomany  COME JOIN OUR JOYFUL CHAOS!

HighlandAmy
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:11 PM
First Responce advertises that it can give an accurate result 5 days before a missed period, so it's totally possible that your + was accurate.  Plus if an HPT is wrong it's usually a false negative.  False possitives are very rare.

If I were you, I would call my doctor and schedule a blood test.  Until that time (obviously) opperate under the impression that you are pregnant - pick-up some OTC prenatal vitamins and no drinking or smoking.

Anyway - congratulations!

HighlandAmy.com

MeredithPope
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Well they test say that they can predict up to 5 day BEFORE a missed period.

So i am guessing that  yes you are pregnant. If you are still unsure i would take another one just to ease your mind or what not.   I know i had to take 3 with my first and then have my doc tell me also. I was crazy, but oh well.

Yes you could already be feeling the signs.  the best website i have found that answers alot of questions is

www.babycenter.com        You may have already heard of it or looked at it.

Congratulations!

NEWMOMOF1
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:16 PM
I NEVER TOOK ONE OF THOSE. BUT IF IT CAME UP POSITIVE THEN GIRL YOU ARE PREGNANT! CONGRATS. NOW ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GO TO THE DOCTOR. GOOD LUCK
darkpoetess
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:19 PM
Most women ovalute 2 weeks after your period.  I know that all too well. I had sex with my bf april 1, 07 and that was exactly 2 weeks after my period.  and i knew before my next period that i was already pregnant.  I even bought some test and they were the first response and they came up very light but positive.  so i went to the doc and they told me it was negative. i told them i have seen this before and i really urge for a blood test cause i know i am pregnant.  well they called me the next day for my results and said it was slightly high so they asked me to come in on monday and get another blood test done.  I had implantion bleeding.  i spotted very lightly over the weekend.  then come monday did another test waited at the clinic for my results and as i knew it my numbers were up there to say I AM PREGNANT!!!.  So your not alone, i had some minor symptoms in teh beginning like i didn't feel right.  and i really knew i was pregnant. this will be # 5 for me and i am due dec 25.  good luck with urs.  and if you ever want to chat look me up.
joany_bbboy
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:29 PM
I have always been told that you can have false negatives but RARELY ever a false positive so I would say Congratulations on the pregnancy!!!!!!!!!
nygirlie22
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM
when you take a pregnancy test it can come out negative when you are really pregnant, this is called a 'false negative'. When you are pregnant there is a hormone in your body that the test picks up so if the test is showing positive you are DEFINATELY pregnant. There is no such thing as 'false positive'. The reason it might come up negative at first is bc there is not enough of the hormone in your system to be picked up by the test. Different tests pick up different levels of the hormone. The test that picks up the smallest amount of the prenancy hormone is the one with the dip sticks (like the ones at the doctor). definately make a GYN appointment. Congrats and goo dluck.
knockedup87
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:48 PM
I took my test a week and a half before my missed period and it was positive.  I was also told that if it is positive, you are definitely pregnant.  Good luck!
kristinaneugene
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 11:40 PM
Congrats! 

Best,                                                                                                            Kristina

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured