Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor playlist...?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 11:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
I was wondering if some of you girls could help me. I am trying to make a play list of all kinds of differnt music to burn on a CD to listen to while I'm in the Labor & Delivery Room. I want songs that have to do with baby-parent relationship. I know one Song I am going to use is "In My Daughters Eyes" Because we are supposed to be having a girl, but I want songs for boys too because I'm afraid when I go for my next ultra sound (not until 35 weeks) I will find out they were wrong and it's a boy. lol

Anyways, I'm open for suggestions!

*posted in other groups
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
munchkin36
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 3:31 AM
oldies songs "my girl" by the temptations and "my guy", i'm guessing by the pointer sisters or supremes.  dunno. i'm thinking about "be my baby", it was an oldies song that was in dirty dancing. can't think of the artist right now. also "you're just too good to be true", another oldies song. i guess they just don't make 'em like they used to! lol  hope these help.
onedayatatime
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 3:39 AM
Well that is a great idea...oldies are good and there are alot of oldies song with the word baby in them...like Buddy Holly's Maybe Baby...
I teach childbirth classes and the one that we use for relaation which puts me to sleep is the classical Pachalbel Canon in D...it has ocean waves in the background.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2007 at 3:41 AM
I have been to births where mixed CDs were played. For the mama herself, it was probably fine (if she was even paying attention). But when she would be focusing or trying to relax or trying to get re-energized and the songs would change vibe from one song to the next, it was disturbing. I recommend the entire CDs because an hour will slip by (for example) without you noticing except that you wanted soothing ocean waves to groan along with the entire time. Enya is a favorite for many women because her voice is peaceful and the music is calm and mellow. But not everyone loves her or that genre. I just wanted to suggest going with mood themes... Good luck!!
mommyagain2
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 3:42 AM
My Little Girl, by Tim McGraw

Amber

Mommy to Madi and Abby

Wife to Brad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured