Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Bottles? **Update**

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM
  • 14 Replies
Has anyone tried Adiri bottles. What bottles did you use and love/hate?? I need to choose soon! ***im getting sick of the adiri. Hard to fill for sur. And the lid is goofy. So I bought one playtex nurser. DS loves it!! The nipple is so soft. He didn't even have as much gas. So I guess I'm switching, lol.
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o0o_Alleigh_o0o
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:06 AM

I recommend buying just a few of each different kind. I went out and bought a ton of adiri.. well my dd wouldnt take them. =(. I had to try 4 different kind of bottles until I found one she liked.  So just buy a few and let your baby choose. I know that sounds silly, but you will honestly be able to see a difference with each bottle.  In the end we ended up using playtex nursers.

If you are trying to decide for a registry list or to let "gifters" know, just request  that they buy you a starter set, and list a few different brands.

Good luck !!

Malayahsmom06
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I'm with her on this one. I had went and bought ventaire and Dr.Browns with my first because they are suppose to reduce gas. Well the Dr. Browns leaked multiple times in my purse and diaper bag, they were a pain to wash. I will NEVER use those bottles again. The ventaire never leaked and she loved them, but we still had to use gas drops so I bought a few store brand regular plastic bottles and they worked just as well and she liked them the same as the ventaire.

Quoting o0o_Alleigh_o0o:

I recommend buying just a few of each different kind. I went out and bought a ton of adiri.. well my dd wouldnt take them. =(. I had to try 4 different kind of bottles until I found one she liked.  So just buy a few and let your baby choose. I know that sounds silly, but you will honestly be able to see a difference with each bottle.  In the end we ended up using playtex nursers.

If you are trying to decide for a registry list or to let "gifters" know, just request  that they buy you a starter set, and list a few different brands.

Good luck !!

cait030507
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:56 AM

HATE Adiri!  They are tough to fill, leaked everywhere, just a royal pain.  I love Avent for just a traditional style bottle.  And playtex drop ins are great also, easier for travel and stuff.  Just more parts to worry about, like if you don't have a liner, the bottle is useless. 

nikonme
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Thank you! Has anyone returned bottles that don't work?
TigerBaby69
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I never had a problem with Dr. Browns bottles....I LOVED them! I returned some bottle that began with an A I'm not sure if it was the kind you are talking about they were the colorful small ones nothing fancy they leaked and the tops didnt fit right on them. It was a long time ago but I didn't have any problems with returning them.

having a baby

babies
ilovemylilymae
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:33 PM

with my first daughter i breastfed for a few months before trying a bottle.I had a ton of soothie bottles and she refused to use them.I ended up with gerber nuk.I loved them they never leaked and where shaped like a nipple when breastfeeding.she loved them.I will be using them again with my next child due in september.

MommyJ0697
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Quoting ilovemylilymae:

with my first daughter i breastfed for a few months before trying a bottle.I had a ton of soothie bottles and she refused to use them.I ended up with gerber nuk.I loved them they never leaked and where shaped like a nipple when breastfeeding.she loved them.I will be using them again with my next child due in september.

My DS' have LOVED those bottles!! I plan to keep using them for this next baby!!

~~Proud Mommy of 7 Beautiful Kids~~

Caitlyn, Cassidy, Caralyn [RIP My Angel], Clara, Jack, Jimmie, and Jordan!!

ixadorexpink
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I used regular bottles that they sell anywhere because they were given to me at the baby shower.  My MIL recommended Avent bottles so I decided to buy the newborn pack.  I noticed that the bottles that were given to me at the baby shower gave my baby a lot of gas and he was way colicky.  But with Avent bottles he had less gas and less colicky. The only con about it is that they can leak if you don't put the nipple in right to the bottle.  That can be fixed because you just need to re-adjust it.  I love Avent bottles now.  I have 4 oz. and 9 oz. bottles.

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 5:29 PM

I love dr  browns.

I hated avent, gerber, and any other big fat clumpy bottle that the child as to lay flat on its back to get formula in the nipple w/o air.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Jocelynsmama
by on Mar. 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I used Ventaire bottles and thought they worked pretty good.

-Emily

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)