Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hormones

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

DH thinks I am totally and completely irrational right now.  I keep telling him I feel like I am going to cry all the time.  He works 4 10hour shifts a week (mon. tues. thurs. sat.), then goes out on sunday ALL day.  The only days off I have a week are sat. and sun. I am out by noon during the week so he thinks him going out on sun. is not a big deal.  We have argued about this a ton of times.  I told him I feel over whelmed right now.  He does nothing.  I feel like everything is falling apart.  Do yall think it is just prego hormones or do I have a reason to be upset?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyIvy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I understand where you are coming from. My hubby works from 9-5(sometimes as late as 11) and then goes to school Mon and Tues nights and hr away and also on Sat, mornings. The only whole day we have together is Sun. and we usually have to go do something for someone on that day.

kyrose32
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM

my husband also thinks that pretty much every thing i do is "overreacting" and dismisses me quickly.  it is getting very annoying.  just because i might be "overreacting" doesn't mean that those feelings aren't very real to me right now.  i think these men could just take a minute to have our backs.  spending time with you on a sunday every once and a while (maybe every OTHER week) could be a nice comprimise and he could show you how much he appreciates what you are going through. 

Lacy_2
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I know where you are coming from. I had a bad falling a few weeks ago. I just felt so overwhelmed with everything. On top of that I ran a daycare out of my house and watch 3 more kids on top of my two. Then I am prego with twins. IDK if I just hit that point of being tired all the time with the pregnancy and what seemed like all hell breaking lose at the same time or what. I did talk to my doc about it and she recommended that I quit my daycare. So now I have no kids but my own starting Monday. I think that will help things. Try to find something relaxing to help you. Since my doc understood where I was coming from and did kinda blame it on the pregnancy I would assume that means it wasn't me it was the hormones and such of being pregnant. But don't let that make you feel bad. There are things that just can't be helped while being prego. Just try to take even just a bath for your "me" time every night. Something like that. Plus sounds like you may have just had a bad week like I did. So hang in there Momma thigns are bound to get better..

orange_pecan
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM
I was in the same situation. My partner acts as if I should be doing this by myself. I can't get a foot rub or a back rub. I feel as though the less I speak the better things are for HIM. I have never been so stressed out in my life. It's worse to me when he's around cuz he dose nothing and I rather be alone doing it by myself then have someone there just hanging out watching me have a hard time. Like they ever stop to think what it MIGHT feel like to be in our shows.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)