Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really could use some reassurance.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, well I better start by telling the story of what just happened. I live in an apartment, and have really loud upstairs neighbors. Over the past year we have tried to calmy talk to them about being quiet, because they wake my daughter up constantly. Well lately they've gotten bad, and today I snapped. My daughter is sick, she was crying because she didn't want to take a nap, the upstairs neighbors were knocking on the wall non-stop (for who knows what reason), and I couldn't take it anymore. I asked my husband to comfort my daughter, and I stormed out of here and right up to the idiots apartment. I pounded on the door, and while I was waiting for an answer I was seriously shaking. As soon as the guy answered the door I just started screaming at him. I never paused to let him respond, I just kept yelling, when I was done yelling I turned around and came back home. By the time I got back inside I was shaking, I couldn't breathe, I was seeing black spots...and now of course, I'm worried about my baby. So this is where I need reassurance, or advice, or anything. I know that obviously my blood pressure was sky-rocketing during this time, and I'm worried that it may have caused too much stress to my unborn baby. Does anybody know if those 5-10 minutes of high blood pressure could cause any problems for my pregnancy?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stace217
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Im sure the baby is fine.
Just try and take it easy the rest of the day and maybe if your neighbors won't stop, try talking to the Apartment Management.

nicole4ray
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Unfortunately we are un-officially the management, with no real power. My husband called the landlord and left a message, so we'll be dealing with that later. And, once again, unfortunately, we're eating dinner with the in-laws tonight...more stress! I'm just going to have to go over there in the best mood I can for my babys sake.

Quoting stace217:

Im sure the baby is fine.
Just try and take it easy the rest of the day and maybe if your neighbors won't stop, try talking to the Apartment Management.

Pregnancy ticker
heartsandskulls
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:09 PM

im sure the baby is ok.   maybe rest for a little bit before you go to in-laws.  and make sure you drink water

pregnancy week by week
doodles22
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Quoting heartsandskulls:

im sure the baby is ok.   maybe rest for a little bit before you go to in-laws.  and make sure you drink water

nicole4ray
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I could definately use some water right now. I think my blood pressure is finally back down, but I now have a headache from getting so angry. I told my husband that's the angriest I've been in my life, I can't even believe I dared to yell at my neighbors like that. At least they haven't made any noise since then! lol.

Quoting heartsandskulls:

Pregnancy ticker
aphrodite7400
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:40 PM

its probably safest for you to comfort your daughter, and have hubby go talk to the neighbors.  its much safer that way....   just for next time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)