Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Denzell's birth story -- the short version

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

Denzell Theodore William Rotunda

1:37PM (Born at exactly the same time as his big sister - she was born 1:37 PM on December 10, 2007)

10 lbs 6 oz

22in long

Went in for an induction @ 630 AM labored for a while stalled at 3 cm and decided to get a shot of nubane -the lowest dose and was able to rest and get up to get the baby into position because he wasnt quite right.. after that i went from 3 to ready to push in no time.. wow was the transition painful and i got stuck for about a half hour where i had just a lip of my cervix and couldn't push even though baby pused down with each contraction.. that was the worst!!! And my dr wasnt in there yet.. once he came in he let me push (not sure if that was still there or not but I actually thanked him for letting me push lol

My ob was awesome though and made sure to help me tear less by letting me know when to push and when to back off plus he got somewhat stuck.. but after about 15-20 mins of pushing he was born :) im still not sure how i did that but i did - he is so big!!! I was in shock when they first placed him on me, and I could tell he was SO much bigger than my daughter. And they kept saying when he was crowning until I pushed him out how big his head was. I was like hello, NOT what I want to hear right now. (turns out it WAS 14.5 cm! lol)

im in the hospital now still, major complications hemmoraging, and i have a hematoma on my uterus from such a tough delivery super low blood pressure and blood count - im not even allowed out of bed because of all this so i only get to see my baby when the nurses or visitors are here to help

hes the perfect baby though - hardly cries and is just so content. everyone stops in to see him and tell me im their hero that i had him vaginally lol  

**went through and fixed the typing. i was using the internet on the tv that they have there and they keyboard was AWFUL!!** and here's a pic :) I only have a few, I have to get the rest of them from my doula and friend who were there for the birth

quick update on us - we're home now.. he's on the blanket thing for the jaundice, his levels were still up this morning, but they gave us that so we could go home.. Hell get his levels checked everyday by a home health nurse until it gets low enough they can take him off. He's still a really great baby - not fussy at all, so content :)

As for me, my blood levels are still only around 7 after 2 blood transfusions, I have a bad pain in my bladder everytime I urinate (they think the hematoma may be pushing on my bladder now, so I call tomorrow for another appointment and another ct scan.. Good thing I have my mom here with me bc i keep getting dizzy and light headed still.

BUT thank god we're home. And it was ALL worth it. I wouldn't change a thing.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I'm glad you're home and you both are well enough to be there. Its good to have help there.
I hope you get better soon and Congrats...he is beautiful!

having a baby

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Congrats...he is soo chuncky..i love chuncky babys...GL with everything and glad you guys are home :)

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Oh lordy I give you props! 10 lbs? My daughter was 6  lbs and I thought that was sooooooooo big for my va ja ja! Ahhh.

I am glad that you both are doing well. He is beautiful ^_^

by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Posted a journal with longer version if anyone is interested :)

Part 2 will come tomorrow

by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 11:32 AM

congratulations you have some beautiful babies =] hope you are all doing well.

by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 3:50 PM

CONGRATS!!!!  I have been waiting to see if you had him yet... he is gorgeous and huge i give you props cause 10lbs is big...hope you are feeling better soon...

by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM

what a wonderful birth story, so glad he's happy and healthy!  congratulations to you and your family!!!  he's gorgeous!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Thanks everyone! I posted the second part just now if you wanna read it - picture heavy!!

by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Oh my goodness. You poor thing :(  I thought  labor was hard on me with no epidural and a my son was only 7lbs 10 ounces. He's bigger than my 6 week old right now who is only 8 pounds 15 ounces right now. I think you are my hero too. Did you get any pain killers or epidural?? I hope you get better quick. He's a cutie :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)