Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Umbilical Cord Question

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

When is the normal time for the umbilical cord to fall off?? My daughters fell off this morning sometime (I found it in her outfit when I got her dressed this morning) She is 8 days old.  Is this kind of early?? I seem to remember my son having his on longer.......

baseball                                                baby gift
   Matthew Dylan 3/9/05                                      Makayla Anne 2/27/09

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
heartsandskulls
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:17 PM

not sure. my son had his for about give or take 2 weeks. (fell off the same time his plasti-bell did)

my daughter had hers for about 2 weeks as well.

i wouldnt worry if her belly button isnt bleeding or smelling funky. if your concered i would call the doctor

pregnancy week by week
TigerBaby69
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

My daughter's fell off after 7-8 days.

having a baby

babies
aphrodite7400
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM

my son still have his on at MY 6W pp appointment!!!  it was a very long time but every baby is different.  it was fine though, no oozing, or smelling or anything.

mommy-to-be1-17
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM

my dd fell off at 1 week. your totaly fine

nicole4ray
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 5:06 PM

As long as it fell off on its own then it's fine. My dd's got caught on her diaper, and it ripped it off. My poor baby had to have her belly button cauterized (I think that's what it's called). I felt so bad.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker
NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM

oh no! poor baby! Yea hers fell off totally on its own. I was getting her dressed and I noticed it was gone and then found it stuck in her pjs lol. I remember my sons dangling for awhile by just a tiny bit and wanting to pull it off so badly (but I never did!!)  There was no bleeding or anything so I am not going to worry about it. She goes to the drs next week so he will be able to check it out then.

Quoting nicole4ray:

As long as it fell off on its own then it's fine. My dd's got caught on her diaper, and it ripped it off. My poor baby had to have her belly button cauterized (I think that's what it's called). I felt so bad.

baseball                                                baby gift
   Matthew Dylan 3/9/05                                      Makayla Anne 2/27/09

Ash_Edwinslil1
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 5:06 AM

call me stupid, mbut what does cauterized mean??

Quoting nicole4ray:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)