Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Sleeping positions and fetal movement?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:04 AM
  • 3 Replies
Last night anytime I would lay on my left side, my baby would kick and move around so much that I would have to roll back over to the other side.  It almost seemed like he was freaking out or something.  Now today, the left side of my abdomen has been hurting all day.  Non-stop.  I called my Dr. and he told me to take tylenol through tonight and if it's not better tomorrow to call back.  I just don't know what is going on.  I was told at last appt. that I have complete placenta previa but I don't think this pain or his movement has anything to do with that.  Or could it?  If I was laying on my side with my tummy kinda on the bed, would that hurt my baby?  Could he have been frantic trying to get me off him.  I sleep the same way most of the time and he has never done that before.  I just don't get it.  This pregnancy has been so complicated.  I just hope I can make it all the way so he will be healthy.  Do any of you ladies have any suggestions or advice for me?  Please help me.  Thank you and God bless you all.
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
StevenzMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:11 AM

let me start by saying i have no idea about the placenta ... whatever (i suck at spelling) however I do know that I have been told to sleep on my left side & I agree that my lil bear moves around ALOT more on that side... i had a night however, where for no reason at all he freaked out & made me sour the next morning... the left side is suppose to be the best side for them... I'm sure this doesn't make you feel better, but I know what it feels like to write a frantic post & wait for a reply... those are my thoughts. Best of luck to you.

munchkin36
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 2:50 AM
i have always slept back and forth from left to right side, favoring the left. my baby about a month ago now started kicking her feet into my right ribs every time i lay on my left side. it hurts sooooo bad! so every night i go to bed on that side, i have to massage her feet out of my ribs, and yes she moves around alot and "freaks out". it's soooo tiring. i think they are just trying to find the most room possible. i wouldn't worry about it. i think they just have preferences and when you lay a certain way they shove! so i know what you're going through. good luck to you, getting sleep isn't that easy sometimes. but my baby's calming down now that i'm at 36 weeks and she doesn't have as much room to kick now. it will probably get better soon! good luck!
allisonsmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 8:07 AM
sleeping/laying on my leftside is nearly impossible. She moves around way to much..and it can be very painful. With both my pregnancies I have favored my right side!! Also I have a lot of breathing issues and more often then not it does not help but makes it worse laying on my leftside...who knows. Everybody is different.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)